jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe that,...?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that,...?

....9 people can see one object but go away with 9 different views to tell about it?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

It is not a matter of Believing ... but a matter of Knowing.

For each single one of us is Aware ... In Life, of Being !

Thus, we "see" a thing, or things, as a matter of our our Visual Awareness ... just as we may Feel an abstract Sentiment, as a matter of what be  essentially a Personal Experience ...

And though there could be the human Community of Sight and Sentiment ... yet its very rare, rather never, that all individuals ... See and Feel exact similarly.

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is a matter of knowing.

3. NathanielZhu profile image73
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

Sure, if you ask "can" as most scientists and thinkers always leave possibilities for every outcome.

To answer this question, we have to go more into psychology and philosophy as well as experimentation. I'll only go into the experimentation part of it because the others would take too long to explain. Back in my philosophy class in my Jr Year of high school, my teacher gave the class a picture of a flag and went around having each person describe it. The answers were from similar to drastically different. The thing is, while the picture is the same for all, each person interprets it different - some simple, some with strong imagery, and others with a connection to their experiences so yes, it is possible 9 people can have different views.

4. Gyldenboy profile image61
    Gyldenboyposted 6 years ago

Everyone has a different perception. However, there are people with similar thought patterns and personality traits. So, it's probable, there will be similar views along with some different views.

It also depends on the object. A simple object like a spoon or fork, will likely have vary little variation in how people give their view on it. However a bus, may have wildly different views.

It also depends on where the discussion is taken. Ask a question like what do you use a fork for? You'll get similar answers. But if you ask something unusual like, what's the worst experience you've had with a fork? You're likely to get all different answers.