jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you remember any punishment of your School Life ?

1. joseph merlin profile image48
    joseph merlinposted 6 years ago

Do you remember any punishment of your School Life ?

2. mikicagle profile image90
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

When I was in 4th grade Ms. Johnson turned over my desk because she thought it was messy. I'm a teacher now and would never do that to one of my students.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Having grown up during the 60s and 70s....teachers, coaches, and principals were allowed to give swats to kids with a paddle or strike their open hand with a ruler or yardstick. (It usually took place in front of the class to set an example)

I remember one incident in the 4th grade where me and a girl were talking in the back of the class while our female teacher was talking. The teacher called us both up to the front of the class. She hit the girl in the hand with a yardstick. She then went and got a(male) coach to give me swats. This coach had a paddle with holes drilled in it.
    Just because I was a boy she wanted a big man to hit me. He hit me 2 or 3 times but I refused to cry. I thought it was unfair to bring a 3rd party into it.

Although corporal punishment has it's negative side effects on some children I do recall during that era parents, teachers, and school officials (stuck together).There was very little "back talking" by students. We knew who was in charge.

4. joseph merlin profile image48
    joseph merlinposted 6 years ago

One day my chemistry teacher punched me on my back and my breathe stops for a minute I fell on the bench and my Teacher color became pale. After 2 or 3 minutes everything became normal. And after that day my teacher never give punishment to me.

5. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I went to a Catholic public school and was called upon to answer a question that was posted on the blackboard. I had no idea what the answer was and the nun that was teaching the class made me stand up in front of everyone and hold my arms up in the air for what seemed like forever. How totally humiliating...especially since it was a new school for me and I knew absolutely no one there.
    another time I was caught chewing gum and had to wear it on the tip of my nose.
    the bonus one would be the time I got whacked across the nuckles (by yet another nun) with a ruler. ouch.
    glad those days are over smile

6. mottiandbander profile image70
    mottiandbanderposted 6 years ago

One day when i was in KG 1 i did something wrong ( don't remember actually ) and he beat me and i did a call of nature tongue hahaha

7. seicheprey profile image61
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Ah yes, I remember getting hit upside my head with a ruler -- Catholic School -- and I can remember chipping gum off of the bottom of desks.  Always a good time.smile

8. proudmamma profile image77
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

Science class in jr high, several of us were talking. The teacher made a list of names, during the class. Before class ended, he called each of us by name and asked us to join him in the hallway. We each had to line up, and wait to get paddled one swat each with his wooden paddle.

working