jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?

1. courtsantos profile image62
    courtsantosposted 6 years ago

What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?

2. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 6 years ago

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”

-Attributed to a fictional character called "Siddhartha Gautama" (The Buddha).

3. BaliMermaid profile image57
    BaliMermaidposted 6 years ago

I have learned that in life nothing is more important than family. When someone in your family seems not to understand that, be patient, they will eventually come back into the fold and protection of the family.

Also while it is good to be positive in everything you do, be aware that there are too many people in life that manage to get ahead by causing problems for others. Identify these people as soon as possible and beware of people that tell half truths or lie by not telling what they know, even when asked -unless it will benefit themselves.

There is nothing better than working for yourself. It gives you more time to be closer to your family and keeps you farther away from the type of people mentioned in the paragraph just above.

4. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Umm. Maybe that I don't know anything. The more that I have researched a matter, the more I find that I know very little about it. I thought I was a good at something and of course people would praise me for it but I personally felt that there was much more to be investigated and more than I ever imagined. I realized that some of the thoughts that I had as a child were actually correct in some instances and I had to re-learn what I already knew as a kid.

5. joseph merlin profile image47
    joseph merlinposted 6 years ago

I have learned Help others to be happy in life.

working