jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Why every student think learning or study is so boring?

1. palash mazumdar profile image34
    palash mazumdarposted 6 years ago

Why every student think learning or study is so boring?

2. iviskei profile image73
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Usually because the subject they are learning doesn't interest them. If they are in a class for something they enjoy, you will find that most students won't think that class is boring.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image82
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

In high school it was because certain subjects were boring. I wasn't into science, so I had no interest in learning it. I only liked parts of history and half the books we read in English class put me to sleep. Mathematics wasn't bad, but if I didn't understand an equation then I immediately wanted to do something else. The parts I liked, the ones that were interesting to me, I didn't mind learning or studying.

4. jcoop profile image59
    jcoopposted 6 years ago

The best way to get a student interested in what he/she is learning is to give them relevancy.  If students can't see how a subject can be applied to THEIR lives than it is not important.

5. LearnFromMe profile image93
    LearnFromMeposted 6 years ago

Students often think learning or studying is 'boring' because they are not active participants in their education. They cannot sit back and expect their classes/subjects to always be super exciting. By actively participating even in subjects with no relevancy, they have the power to make everything more interesting.

6. justateacher profile image82
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

Maybe students think learning and studying is boring because their teachers have not made learning and studying fun and interesting...as a teacher, I always try to make learning fun - even when I am told what to teach and what time to teach it...I get the job done and my students have fun doing it....it might be because I teach younger children, but I think even high school and college teachers can make learning fun...

1. Masahiro Kitagawa profile image61
      Masahiro Kitagawaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think so, too. And I think that children does not see why they are studying in  many case. In Japan , we are trying to show the goal .For example "Let's read story on textbook, to prepare for intoroduce your favorite book"