jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite topic in history, even if you do not like history?

1. mythicalstorm273 profile image79
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

What is your favorite topic in history, even if you do not like history?

Even if you do not care for history I know everybody is intrigued by something historical.  What is it for you? A certain time period? War, people, technology? Sky is the limit! If it is more than one thing please share all that you can!

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image80
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

Hi mythical...I am a fan of most military/political history, as well as (topically) 18th century, Urban, Labor, and immigration history.  I am sure there are other scattered topics and time periods missing but it is a start...OH...I like frontier history...Frederick Jackson Turner school-of-thought kind of thing...

3. skybase21 profile image62
    skybase21posted 6 years ago

Mine would be the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, when the city was founded in 753 B.C.E. all the way to when the Germanic Odoacer deposed the last emperor in 476 A.D.

4. Gypsy48 profile image74
    Gypsy48posted 6 years ago

European history - period 1400-1800, I love reading about kings and queens.

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

That's a really tough one -- I LOVE history, and there is very little that I don't care to learn about. I guess one overriding theme for me is that I love to hear about how extraordinary women achieved and managed power, even in times when women were considered little better than cattle.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I would have to say sexual history. Not because of the act itself, but what changed from society to society. The Victorians hated the idea of sex and ignored it for pleasure. Instead it was a duty and the act was only commited to have children. A wet dream was considered a demon having sex with someone in their sleep. Also India was once the most sexual country in the world. Now they are one of the most sexually anorexic countries.

7. Learn Things Web profile image92
    Learn Things Webposted 6 years ago

I find scientific discovery throughout history interesting.

8. JEDIJESSICUH profile image82
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

Tudor Era. I love reading about King Henry VIII. Fascinating man.

9. docbruin profile image81
    docbruinposted 6 years ago

It started with military history when I was a kid, then spread to the dark ages, ancient history, the Cold War, modern history, history of daily lifestyle for all these periods (except lifestyle from the early-mid 60's on - I was here for that).  It has gone on and on and now my interest in history is not limited to any period, person, place, or thing. I enjoy it all!

10. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I like western civilization in general, but I have always been interested in the society and people within western civ in particular.

11. Lilith Eden profile image66
    Lilith Edenposted 6 years ago

I really enjoy ancient warfare, including the lifestyle, weaponry, and logistics of the ancient soldier. Also, anything concerning the Ancient Near East is fascinating to me as well.