Best way to off-set a small cold?

1. romper20 profile image85
    romper20posted 6 years ago

Best way to off-set a small cold?

I am starting to feel a little sick with a loss of energy. Chances are I will get sick tomorrow although I need some help from you guys! I have already taken Advil and have been drinking a good amount of water. Let me know smile

2. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Your immune system is apparently a bit compromised, so you are right so far by saturating your body with plenty of fluids. Also make sure to get enough sleep when you can. Usually drinking ginseng tea and taking Zinc Tablets and Echinacea before a cold grabs hold of you, will definitely help ward off an oncoming cold. In addition clear hot chicken broths will help you feel better. A cold like the flu is a virus, so must run its course. If you haven't gotten a flu shot yet, it may be a good time to do so once your feeling a bit better.  As you may now know we are entering the flu season and the flu virus for one can stay on surfaces like door knobs for up to ten minutes. younger children also shed the flu virus for up to twenty-one days. These are just a few extra tips that I threw in to help you out in case you do encounter the flu in the future. I hope some of my suggestions help you to feel better soon!

3. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

table spoon of honey with 2 pinches of tumeric powder. before you go to bed.

whenever i feel a sore throat coming up i also have some cough syrup before i sleep and that stops the cold for some reason. works every time.