jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)

When was the last time you were sick with the cold or flu?

1. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

When was the last time you were sick with the cold or flu?

How come our pets don't get it from us - or do they just don't show it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6980793_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Around a month ago I had a cold for what seemed like forever. For some reason Summer colds seem so much worse.

ptosisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah- well now I know that also- Zithomax 4 the bronchitis that set it, finally felling better.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are feeling better.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I've never had the flu. A cold? I believe one existed two months ago. It was either a cold or strep throat again.

You are lucky you never has the flu - takes longer than a cold

4. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

almost 7 years ago. 
    --------------------------------------

Wow! that's fantastic! 7 years. Wish I could say the same.

5. javid1985 profile image78
    javid1985posted 5 years ago

the last time had the cold was about 2 years ago and about 4 yrs ago for the flu.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I had an absolutely brutal stomach virus/flu about a year and a half ago. Everyone in my house (me, wife, both kids) had it all at the same time. if I wasn't barfing or holed up in the bathroom, I was in bed praying for Death.

Yeah, I hate it when all orifices are leaking, spewing or hurling - all at the same time.

7. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I has been many years since I had either of these. I wash my hands very frequently and avoid others that cannot stay out of public places when they are visibly ill. In addition I avoid people that don't practice proper hygiene or cleanliness.

8. billd01603 profile image87
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

It actually was several years ago. I'm going through a point in my life where I don't get sick a lot. I guess I'm just lucky that way.

9. edhan profile image62
    edhanposted 5 years ago

It was more than a century ago when I had flu or cold.

It was the discovery of what I deem as necessary of getting the right supplement to avoid getting sick with flu or cold.

Our bodies need the right amount of vitamin C to build up resistance so if you have sufficient vitamin C then you will be able to overcome it.

been eating Vit C a lot lately as suggested by my Doc.

2. edhan profile image62
      edhanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hope that helps for you as it has done for my family and I.

10. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It has been a couple years since a cold and maybe 4 or 5 since any kind of flu.  I hate being sick so am glad I haven caught anything....

I believe the viruses that cause colds do not affect dogs, they have their own brand of flu, corona virus, Parvo etc.

11. Doodlehead profile image78
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

Two weeks ago I had a minor, minor cold with some laryngitis.  I don't know where it came from except I was not eating enough vegetables.   

Dogs can eat different bacteria than humans.   On the other hand some of our food is very bad for them.   Some viruses can pass from animals to humans like cat viruses, I think.

12. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago

I haven't had a flu for years but do get colds a few times a year. As for our dog, she just lies with me when I'm resting. She's great company and just tilts her head when I have a sneezing attack smile

13. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Have a cold right now, we are in the middle of our Winter in Australia:) Not so cold, not too much rain at least in our Western part but many viruses everywhere around:)

Closed to reply

working