jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What do you do to feel better when you have a cold?

1. toknowinfo profile image88
    toknowinfoposted 6 years ago

What do you do to feel better when you have a cold?

2. ncuxapa_ profile image58
    ncuxapa_posted 6 years ago

First of all, avoid publicity and stay at home. You can handle the symptoms of a cold naturally- drink hot tea, hot chocolate.
    Also, if you are feverish, you need to start taking non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs. If you have fever for three consecutive days, visit your doctor because you might need to start antibiotics.  Check this out for more info : http://hubpages.com/hub/The-best-way-to-avert-cold

3. Tammy Favata profile image79
    Tammy Favataposted 6 years ago

If I am really congested I use the "Netty Pot, it cleans me out so then I don't get the inevitable sinus infection that follows  if everything festers in there too long. I am very prone to sinus infections, so I sort of freak out when I get a cold.  It takes a few times to do the Netty Pot right at first, but for me it has been a big help. Some people just hate it.  Its a matter of opinion I guess.

4. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 6 years ago

IU saty home in my most comfortably clothes, I get head colds badly everything from my nose to my eyes leak, leak is what I have dubbed what happens to my face. I drink plenty of tea and just relax, not much you can do aboutr a cold, just ride it out!

5. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

Go to the store and buy a fresh pineapple. It is great for a sore throat and it will make you feel good quickly...eat the whole thing! WB

6. FifthEdition profile image60
    FifthEditionposted 6 years ago

funny you asked...my girlfriend just came down with a cold last night. Typically, I like to just alternate every 4 hours between Tylenol and the Gel Capsule Advil. Drink plenty of water and gatorade. Plus, chicken soup makes me feel like new...for a little while anyway.

7. akuigla profile image59
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

Fluids,fluids a lot.
    Drink tea and vitamins.
    At least 1000mg of vit.C daily.

8. arb profile image80
    arbposted 6 years ago

I crawl in bed and whine like a baby. It usually gets me about 3 days worth of her attention, then she moves on to important things like the dishes or her nails.

9. nifty@50 profile image76
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

Chicken noddle soup is great for a sore throat or to clear out your sinuses. A nighttime cough medicine will help you sleep. Take plenty of vitamin C or orange juice.

10. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

Fluids,water,gatorade,tea and water lotsa water,flush it out!

Plenty of rest,take a fever reducer or pain reliever if needed.

If you can't sleep comfortably Nyquil can definitely do the trick.

Of course vitamin C and your regular multivitamin.

Good luck!

11. theseus profile image79
    theseusposted 6 years ago

If it's possible, I rest. I also drink lukewarm lemonade.

12. itsameanoldscene profile image60
    itsameanoldsceneposted 6 years ago

we have a drink called a 'hot toddy' which can we a variation of concoctions, mine being in a large glass;-

shot of whisky then filled with boiling water, add sugar or honey, a slice of lemon, cloves & let in stand for about 5 mins then drink whilst nice & hot......ideal just before you retire to bed.

working