jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many languages can you read and write? I can read and write English, Hindi a

1. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

How many languages can you read and write? I can read and write English, Hindi and Marathi

2. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago

I can speak, read and write five languages:  French, Dutch, English, German and Spanish.

3. prasadjain profile image72
    prasadjainposted 6 years ago

i can read and write Kannada, English  and Hindi.That apart, I can read and understand Samskruth.

4. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 6 years ago

To varying degrees I can read and write English, Chinese, and Thai.  I can comprehend these languages (listening and speaking) much better than I can read and write them.  I have never heard of Marathi.  Is it a language or dialect spoken in India?

5. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

Marathi is a regional language in India, having about 80 Millions speakers

6. oldhorse profile image68
    oldhorseposted 6 years ago

Just two, really, English and Mandarin.  I can "sound out" most European languages, including Russian.  Sometimes this lets me guess the meaning of simple signs and such, but I don't really know the languages well enough to say I read them, let alone write them.  I can similarly read some simple Japanese, to the extent that it is written in kanji, and Chinese dialects other than Mandarin, but in those cases the written language gives me the meaning, but not the pronouciation.

7. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

I can read and write English and German.

working