jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What does it mean to be American?

1. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

What does it mean to be American?

Does it mean anything anymore?

2. charfaris profile image58
    charfarisposted 6 years ago

It means being free to worship God as we choose with out fear of persecution
    It means having the right to choose the career I want, to choose the love and friends I want, the place to live I want.  I can speak to anyone I want and say what I want as long as it does not do harm to others.  I can choose the people who are supposed to lead this country. If I find they are not doing what I like, I can change the people the next election.  It means I can go where I want when I want.  These are only a few of the freedoms we are given by the Constitution.  This is still the greatest country in the world.

3. anemometers profile image59
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

I think of an American as someone like Homer Simpson from the Simpsons.

4. Erin Boggs1 profile image77
    Erin Boggs1posted 6 years ago

Being an American is just simply being free to be an individual as long as you realize that you have to deal with the consequences that comes from being an individual. I think that we have the same issues as many other countries around the world. We are never happy with our appointed leaders, we complain about the financial state of our country, we fuss over petty things like the media, but we always are willing to unite with our brothers and sisters to defend our country.