jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How will the world be without the concept of money?

1. sankari.nayagam profile image79
    sankari.nayagamposted 6 years ago

How will the world be without the concept of money?

Every body is running behind money always. Just wanted to imagine a world without the concept of money and everything in this world should be free!! How will that world be? Just pen down your imagination!

2. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Money is a recent phenomenon. Before money there was bartering. Trading within a country and between countries was done by bartering.

There is no such thing as Free. Everything has a price. Only in utopian world everything will be free.

Money is the incentive to make oneself improve. If there is no money there is no incentive to improve. And the world will become lazy. No invention. no improvement. To eschew the boredom they will go to wars with others. (like in the medieval and historical times)

Money with its all problems and evil, is still better than Free.

3. profile image0
    Coly888posted 6 years ago

History would tell us that the concept of money has been there years BC. It is just in different forms and called different names. I think this present civilization is fast changing the concept of money too. We now have plastics(credit and debit cards) and internet to pay for anything...But Free would still be far than I can imagine. Maybe in several hundreds or thousands of years...Star Trek style..

4. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Barter will take over the place. Everybody must think something to exchange if they want to get others. In the end, the concept of money have to be on its side over. Nothing can change it.

5. profile image0
    Keaten Foxposted 6 years ago

Msivakumar, on some points I agree with you, on others I cannot. Money, as we know it, is in fact a new construct. What is more new is globalization and modernity. These (western) schools have formed a global materialized drive. What is improving? What is progress? Is progress technology or happiness? GDPs or ensuring all peoples become fed?
    In the same respect, nothing is free indeed, but just because it is free doesn't mean it has to be monetized. I am more then happy to grow a garden where I harvest my own food and make my clothes; these things are not free. I put quite a bit of time into preparing the soil, planting the seeds, ensuring the health of my garden and even cooking the plants that result. They are not monetized, but nor are they free. Is it the free you were speaking of Sankari? Perhaps it was, and if that is so, well, I must stand my ground and say that it is actually monetization that creates laziness. We all buy into this idea where we can find a way to get rich so we can retire and buy everything that we want and never ever have to work again.... is that not lazy?