jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you remember the most from your life?

1. Cat R profile image75
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

What do you remember the most from your life?

Most people will answer with a sad memory. Why do you think can we remember more sad/bad things than good things about our lives?

2. NiaLee profile image61
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

My early childhood in the country, my teenage years in Paris and my adulthood alone in New York City!
    I remember being happy young in the country, I remember being sad and challenged as a teenage and young adult and I remember breaking free and suffering a lot as an adult.
    Now, as a mother, I remember the lessons I learned from life, the great people I have met and how my spirituality has evolved toward the best, my awareness growing and my family fading away... I mean my original family.
    Life is full of colors and layers I have appreciated each moment and looking back is worth a best seller!

3. Nefarious_Misery profile image67
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

Because life is pain. Bitterness, torture, rot, slime, and filth. The few shiny happy moments are overshaddowed by an abysmal existance that is punctuated by rage, despair, and agony.

4. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

I guess if I am honest I would have to say pain.
    I had an industrial accident when I was 19 and my hand was cut more or less in half.
    There were some mistakes made in the emergency surgery that ended up amplifying the pain level by about 15x. When you are talking amputation that is a lot of pain. They also got me addicted to pain meds and tranquilizers.
    At one point I even played Russian Roulette fortunately I stopped after the second click (.357 mag).
    It was a very long time ago and I have had great joys and sorrows in my life but I will never forget that all consuming pain.
    After 21/2 years I got lucky and got a great Dr. He did a major reconstructive procedure that was supposed to be rather painful. But he took all the wire out of my hand and after the surgery all I wanted was an aspirin.
    Even now, almost 40 years later, it hurts constantly but one learns to ignore it.

5. jazirhaneef profile image60
    jazirhaneefposted 6 years ago

I think we had a habit of recollecting sad moments of our life whenever a question like this comes. But in reality, that were the only sad times in your life and rest of our life is actually full of good things. Again the sad thing is only few are realizing it.
    When something is abundant we hardly notice it. Take a deep breath, and feel the rush of air that makes you living. Fine, I think you are happy now. Like air, that we hardly notice, our life is full of good things. Thank you for this question.

working