jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can you remember your first day at school?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Can you remember your first day at school?

I can remember my school tie - UK compulsory uniform - was very tight and I could hardly swallow. But then I remember seeing this beautiful big play house at the back of the classroom and all these wonderful fairytale story books. Nothing else mattered after that, I fell in love with the place.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5221839_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Yes I remember my 1st day of school, although that is probably because I started school at age 6 instead of 5.

3. Jason Oleinik profile image75
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

Yes I remember being dragged by my mother!

4. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

I remember being told "Sit there for the present."

I waited all day and didn't get a present and went home having learnt two very important lessons ..... 'Life Sucks and teachers lie !

5. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

YES..I sat all day holding my cousins hand..(we were in love..)he  reckons he still is !!,then just before we went home I fell off the bench and cut my knee which meant a visit to hospital ,the scar remains almost 60 years on !!

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I do remember my first day of school.  It was Kindergarten, 55 years ago.  I parked my dinosaur and walked in. Never liked it though and that continued for the rest of my school years.  I just wanted to be home doing what I wanted, when I wanted.  School was to regimented for me.

7. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Hi Duffsmom, I know what you mean about shool. I loved primary school. But when I went to High School I loathed it. From then I also wanted to be free to do my own thing when I wanted to do it - I still do.

working