jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is cigarettes legal while marijuana is not?

1. lejonkung profile image74
    lejonkungposted 6 years ago

Why is cigarettes legal while marijuana is not?

Cigarettes kills more people then for example marijuana, Why is cigarettes allowed while marijuana is not?

Statistically, death directly from marijuana overdose is extremely rare. The CDC reports that between 1999 and 2007, there were 26 deaths with marijuana as an underlying cause, in the United States.

Each year about 440,000 people in the United States die from illnesses related to cigarette smoking.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5832535_f260.jpg

2. Steve Orion profile image79
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Cigarette companies have HUGE lobbying power in the gov. Not many weed companies out there lol so the change needs to be made by the people!

3. lejonkung profile image74
    lejonkungposted 6 years ago

That's the way it is i'm afraid, everything is about policits, power and influence.

4. Morrow66 profile image71
    Morrow66posted 6 years ago

Its all about money and taxes if they could make as much off weed as they did ciggies then they would more than likely consider making it legal.

5. fit2day profile image75
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

If medical marijuana was widely available, it would interfere with the profits of big pharma, plus people could grow it in their backyard, causing more profit interference. The worst thing about cigarettes is all the crap put in them, if marijuana was legalized, it would be controlled by big business and a bunch of crap would be added to it. Though I have no desire to smoke either, I have seen proof that marijuana has health benefits, just research cannabis oil.

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

it's called the media. people have been led to believe that pot is deadly and they actually believe it. false scientific studies don't by companies that are funded by anti-pot groups feed people with lies and misconceptions and it works.

working