jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

There are some days that I feel gray and nebulous as if I am in purgatory? Jus

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

There are some days that I feel gray and nebulous as if I am in purgatory?   Just being in a void

and just floating along.   Do you ever feel this way?

2. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

I have never felt that way since I found Jesus Christ. Before that, sometimes, yes. Also, after I learned that we have authority in prayer, I have never allowed the enemy to harangue me. When I recognize the enemies' works, I pray and command them to depart.

Check out William Lau of Elijah Challenge, Win Worley, Derek Prince and deliverance teachings/ prayer.

Peace, MFM

3. carcro profile image93
    carcroposted 6 years ago

I think we all have times when we feel like that. It's perfectly normal to have days when we should just stay in bed. I also find that if I make a mental note everyday to be thankful for the little things in life, all of a sudden I find so many things to be thankful for that it lifts me up again. Just to be able to breath and feel the air fill our lungs is a miracle in itself. To be human and have the range of emotions we do is an unbelievable gift. The list is endless but we have to stop and make the effort to look for the good, it is there in abundance.

4. pennywrites profile image57
    pennywritesposted 6 years ago

Dear gmwilliams,
    Yes I feel this way at times.  I think it is called depression.  The doctor recently asked me if I had ever been depressed.  I said, "Do thoughts of running the car of the road count as depression?"  He then countered with, "Have you ever taken anything for depression?"  I said, "Well, I had a doctor prescribe some pills but I was too depressed to take them!" 

I have found that in these times if I do count my blessings it does change my mood.  These dreary thoughts are just thoughts after all.  You have the power to dwell on them or just release them and replace them with positive more life-affirming thoughts.  Thoughts lead to actions so the next thing you know you are back enjoying life again with nothing but blue skies instead of gray emptiness. 

You are a writer...shake it off and start writing. wink
    You have something very important to share with the world.  We are waiting to hear what you have to say.  Use your imagination to color your world with hope.  Wow, that sounded sappy but nevertheless I do believe it is true.

5. skylergreene profile image63
    skylergreeneposted 6 years ago

Everyone has those days.  What I've found is that getting up and being productive is the best way to deal with it.  When your mind is occupied by something engaging, it's hard to feel down.

working