jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is archeology so important for the future success of the modern society?

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Why is archeology so important for the future success of the modern society?

2. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

I don't know that it is. Certainly, we can learn things from the past -- past mistakes of earlier civilizations, but civilization ultimately serves only one purpose: a vehicle for our own spiritual awakening.

I love archaeology, but it isn't the most important element in our future success.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

It supports the historical record with hard evidence. Societies that do not understand themselves are doomed to flounder and fail.

4. Stendel profile image59
    Stendelposted 6 years ago

In a sense, I believe that archeology is important for the future success of modern society in the fact that by research people can prevent themselves from making the mistakes of our forfathers. This could easily help us to prevent doing the same things that lead to the fall of different societies. Not to mention, that archeology can help us to remember where we came from and what it is that we are here for. It is like sharing in the experiances of a grandparent whom is not alive anymore so that you can live a long productive and successful life.

5. Mercia Collins profile image69
    Mercia Collinsposted 6 years ago

those who fail to understand the past are condemned to repeat it.