jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would you put in a time capsule?

1. leni sands profile image75
    leni sandsposted 6 years ago

What would you put in a time capsule?

If you were going to buy a time capsule, what would you put in it and how many years do you think would be appropriate until it was dug up and opened, 50 years, 100 years - more/less?

2. randslam profile image83
    randslamposted 6 years ago

myself...I'd love to be around in fifty years.

Other than me?  I'd put my new book in there so someone could read what it was like to be born in 1962 and grow up in a cult.  It's called The God Followers and you can buy it for a buck at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/109419  But you have to punch in the code number...QD68B...or you'll be paying full price...$3.99.

3. leni sands profile image75
    leni sandsposted 6 years ago

Ooops that should read 'if you were going to bury a time capsule'...too many interruptions not enough 'time'. lol...No seriously, I was thinking of burying a time capsule and started to think about what items I would put in it.  Then I thought why not ask fellow hubbers?  Next time I'll read it ten times before I post...(lol)

4. Man from Modesto profile image85
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

I would include a personal diary: writings of what it is like to live today. The Holy Spirit once told me, "500 years from now, history will be taught by the study of diaries written by people who lived during the era."

Because history is so dramatically distorted by those who hold power, and academia has become a major tool for "socialization", text books will be abandoned for the raw material.

Also, you could compile a list of prophecies. It will be interesting for people of the future to see what failed and what came to pass!