jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can you put picture capsules side-by-side to make 2 columns of pictures in a Hub

1. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 6 years ago

Can you put picture capsules side-by-side to make 2 columns of pictures in a Hub?

I know you can put a picture capsule to the right of a text capsule.  I can also but an Amazon capsule next to another Amazon capsule or eBay capsule.  Why can't I put 2 picture capsules side-by-side?  I would like 2 columns of pictures rather than 1 column of full width pitcures.

2. Jeff Gamble profile image75
    Jeff Gambleposted 6 years ago

It does not appear to be possible to do this using the picture capsule. You can only right-align the capsule, and at full width, with multiple pictures, it puts one on top of the other in a column. Since you can't put capsules side by side, it won't work with two individual capsules. I thought maybe a table, but it doesn't seem to take HTML code in the cells, so you couldn't pull a picture in from a different location.

3. savingkathy profile image94
    savingkathyposted 6 years ago

I don't think it's possible to do that - it would be a nice feature to have for certain hubs though.

4. Stephanie Henkel profile image95
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

You do not have the option of making two columns with the photo capsules. They can only be full width or right aligned. 

When it's important to show two pictures side by side, I have put them into a MS Word document and converted it to a picture. It takes some tweaking, but it can be done.

You could also do it in a photo editing software, but neither method is the most elegant way of getting the job done.

5. Maralexa profile image83
    Maralexaposted 6 years ago

I agree with Stephanie.  When I want two pictures side-by-side I use MSPowerPoint.   

Make sure that if you use someone else's image that you have the right to alter the image.  If it says no derivitives, you may not alter. 

But otherwise, put the two photos side by side in PowerPoint and save the two as one picture.  Then you can use this one picture in full width -- it will look like two pictures side-by-side.

Remember to add the source to BOTH images in the "Source" box when writing your hub.  And don't forget to acknowledge use of the pictures with both photographers.

Doing this is exactly like making a PowerPoint slide for use in your hub.

Hope this helps.

1. bankscottage profile image94
      bankscottageposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the good info Stephanie and Maralexa.  I'll give it a try.  I also want to look at thumbnails.  Appear as small pictures that can be enlarged by clicking on them.

working