jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who are the worst American President's in history?

1. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

Who are the worst American President's in history?

2. georgethegent profile image59
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

Let's turn this around and ask - were there any good ones?

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

There have been presidents of the USA, but as far as I know America is a continent, not a country and has never had a president.  As far as presidents of the USA goes, I would say they are all pretty bad, the worse, probably the last Bush but they are all in there in a close run race.

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Bush and Clinton are the two that i find hurt the US the most. Clinton lied to the whole country and the world and well Bush is one of the biggest idiots the country has ever known.

5. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

From an non-American's perspective, there are so many "worst" Presidents to pick from.

That said, my own personal opinion is that the Bush Clan were certainly the worst in my lifetime so far. Mind you, that could very well change if the Tea Party get a candidate up next year.

6. jtmiddleton profile image71
    jtmiddletonposted 6 years ago

Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan.  James Buchanan, because he was voted out of office during the Lame Duck era of American Presidencies, allowed the South to revolt and secede and didn't do anything about it.  Most historians believe he was the worst.  Now Johnson, a Democrat from Tennessee, who Lincoln selected because it would show solidarity as the North was winning and trying to shore up Southern sentiments.  When Lincoln died, the logical process that Lincoln put forward to return citizenship and self governance for the South was destroyed by Johnson.  With an almost entirely Republican Congress fought with him, and when he didn't want to compromise, they enacted whatever reforms they wanted because they had enough votes to override vetoes.  It was also at this time that very few southerners were allowed to vote, but almost all former slaves were, leading to a large number of educated former slaves to become senators and representatives.