jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Human beings are honest or dishonest by nature?

1. pinto2011 profile image78
    pinto2011posted 6 years ago

Human beings are honest or dishonest by nature?

Or we are made honest of dishonest according to the system?

2. Bianu profile image62
    Bianuposted 6 years ago

Oh we are dishonest by nature.It is rare to find a parent who will take their child aside for lessons in lying.

But the average child becomes proficient at it all on his own. I am not sure we would have survived as a species if we were not basically dishonest and unscrupulous.

3. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

I feel it is human nature to be honest or dishonest in the very early age. Then the teachings of the seniors mold a character and accordingly the nature undergoes a change. Here, comes the role of the seniors under scrutiny. Positive  and negative teaching will leave an impact and that is how honest or dishonest man is made.

4. profile image0
    no mac saladposted 6 years ago

I think by nature, humans are honest. If it was the other way around, a civilization could not exist. Imagine, there would be more shoplifters than paying customers, we all would be politicians, Robin Hood would steal from the rich AND the poor, then his merry band would steal from him. Yeah, I think humans are honest by nature, but there are circumstances that will make someone dishonest.