jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Why do people keep answering these stupid questions?

1. DougBerry profile image82
    DougBerryposted 6 years ago

Why do people keep answering these stupid questions?

I mean, really, when someone has 10 questions in a row and half of them are stupid things that can easily be found on Wikipedia or a simple web search, why bother giving them a decent, sensible answer?  It's not what they deserve.

2. Cammiebar profile image75
    Cammiebarposted 6 years ago

But isn't it just being nice to answer the question?  I agree that google or wiki is just a simple search away, but these people could just be looking for personal experiences or opinions.  Or maybe the question is debatable, like whether popcorn and corn are vegetables or grains.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Yep, your right, but is fun putting stupid answers to stupid questions; and Cammiebar if it's debatable, it belongs in the forums, not here.

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

They want their fellow hubbers to answer because sources on the internet are rarely truthful. This might also be the only resource they understand. You can have all the resources to find any information, but if you do not know how to use those, they are pointless.

5. E-Z-University profile image61
    E-Z-Universityposted 6 years ago

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

6. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 6 years ago

Wikipedia says it's because people like to pretend they sound smart when they answer them. Seriously, dude, Google is your friend.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Because it increases our hub karma score and it adds to our accolades meaning we are active and important participants in Hubpages community.

A lot of people that ask questions are using the information for hub research.  I have seen myself quoted a few times in hubs and it was a complete surprise - but fun.

8. Bella Nina profile image72
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

They are not all stupid . . . I don't make a habit of answering the stupid ones.

9. mesacleanpools profile image60
    mesacleanpoolsposted 6 years ago

To bring up the coveted hub score, duh! It's tends to be difficult to write a quality hub

10. Electro-Denizen profile image82
    Electro-Denizenposted 6 years ago

Agree with Phoebe Pike

Also, as a resource for not-totally-braindead human beings (!), hubpages seems to be pretty good, which means answers are hopefully better (than other resources).

Added to that, maybe a question has become stupid from confusion (from said other resources), and at least the hub community is trustworthy and is acting as a final judgement on something.

Other than that, maybe some questions really are very stupid which only adds to the many colours of life :-))

11. stealthmayhem profile image58
    stealthmayhemposted 6 years ago

I agree with some of the other people on this site.  The main reason that I started answering questions was to get my hub score to increase.  Higher score means more views to my hubs, which in turn give people more exposure to what I have to say. 

Always remember, there are no stupid questions...just stupid people asking questions!

All kidding aside, most questions on hub pages serve more as a thinking exercise or debate.  They open the doors to discussions that enlighten others and help to form community bonds .  Of course there are always the questions that are easily answered with a few words, but I normally shy away from those. 

Finally, there are the questions where people seem to need guidance, For example, the last question that I answered had to do with driving traffic to your hubs in order to make money.  This is a concern among most people on hub pages due to the fact that the reason they signed up and posted was to earn an income.

So, all in all, most of the question posted on hub pages are worth taking the time to answer. I don't know about everyone else, but I value the opinion of those who take time out of their dailt routing to help out those who really need it.