What motivated you to become nurse and what are some faced as a male nurse?

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

What motivated you to become nurse and what are some faced as a male nurse?

2. thepointers profile image36
    thepointersposted 6 years ago

I have this younger sister who is diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy since birth. It was then hard for the whole family to take good care of her and attend her activities of daily living. I suddenly felt a joy in providing care for other sick people, just as my sister.  This was the motivation I needed to pursue my career in nursing.

As a male nurse, I am faced with some challenges which includes emergency situations that requires physical strength to attend my patient's needs.

As of now, we were affected by the current downfall of nursing employment especially here in the Philippines. Nurses here in the Philippines are overpopulated compared to the number of patients. This is another big challenge which me and my colleagues are facing.

Thank you for passing by Cardisa:)

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

I was motivated to become a nurse because my parents strongly encouraged me to become one for job security, and at the time I was making a career choice there weren't that many available to women. I cannot speak to the issues that men in nursing have since I am not a man.

working