jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Nurse's Cap: Should Nurses still wear them or not?

1. My Nurse Says profile image65
    My Nurse Saysposted 5 years ago

Nurse's Cap: Should Nurses still wear them or not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6382537_f260.jpg

2. zmalenurse profile image59
    zmalenurseposted 5 years ago

well, i like to see female nurses with their caps on, i think it just gives them that unique "angelic" personality, but what about male nurses? It is not inclusive and i would say "No".

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, yes! I have seen the appearance and demeanor of nurses steadily decline since I graduated from a strict Catholic school in the 70's. I think nurses should return to a more professional appearance and I would like to see them wearing caps again. The cap is something to be proud of, and it makes a nurse look like a nurse. These days you can't tell a registered nurse from a nursing assistant or the housekeeper. There is no uniform; nurses wear wrinkled, dirty and revealing clothing and dirty shoes. It makes me ashamed and disgusted. I also think they need to tidy up their hair so that it is clean and not dangling, trim their nails and remove dangling jewelry.

1. profile image51
      alsuzy1224posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more. I am in nursing school and I know exactly how hard the nurses work to get there degree and how hard they work everyday. Now a days everyone wears scrubs and is assumed a nurse, this is demeaning to nurses.

4. My Nurse Says profile image65
    My Nurse Saysposted 5 years ago

@Dubuquedogtrainer - I do agree with you. There are actually practical and logical reasons for the strict implementation of the nursing uniform and the cap, especially in school. In Philippines, there are still hospitals who require their Nursing Staff to don the traditional white uniform and cap. But there are other hospitals that have adapted in allowing their Nursing Staff to wear the now-modern Scrub Suit. Personally, there are pro's and con's with wearing the cap and wearing the scrub suit. Scrub suits are definitely comfortable, especially for an Emergency Personnel performing the adrenaline-hyped CPR procedures, and of course for the O.R. Nurses as well. But for the rest, I do believe that Nurses in their prim and proper white uniforms and Nurse's Caps gives this distinguishable identity calling out: "I am a Nurse!" It is a symbol of a Nurse's pledged dedication for the craft and science. It is more like a crown worn with pride that has, for generations, bring out the image of the best we can expect from Nurses.

working