jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you balance homeschooling your kids and maintaining your own life?

1. Joy M profile image78
    Joy Mposted 6 years ago

How do you balance homeschooling your kids and maintaining your own life?

I homeschool and provide plenty of outside activities for my children so that they can socialize and be well rounded individuals experiences a lot of what life has to offer.

2. AuniceReed profile image77
    AuniceReedposted 6 years ago

This is a tough one because homeschooling is generally part of a family's overall lifestyle, however my experience has been to make certain that I carve out activities that are specifically for "me time." Exercise classes, meeting with friends for diner, lunch, movies, and plays, are a few examples. I also draw, paint, sew quilts and collect stamps during my "me time." Time for yourself is very important to prevent homeschool burn-out and anxiety.

3. ermetesf profile image59
    ermetesfposted 6 years ago

We can't brush aside homeschooling to our children, whether we like it or not, we have to balance ourselves by doing our responsibilities as parents to our kids, and do something to make ourselves totally engrossed with different activities to make us also energetic and alive. Both of them help balance our daily activities at home.

4. celeste inscribed profile image88
    celeste inscribedposted 5 years ago

Finding time for myself makes me a better learning coach. At first I was too involved with school and felt frustrated and overwhelmed. It is as important to your child as it is to you, to find some me time in every day. I am studying part time, I love to write and read and craft. It is possible with time management and a good dose of determination. My son is not at home in the afternoons because I arrange social events for him which is when I find the time to do what I want for the day. This way I am more relaxed and fulfilled.