jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think the chances are of the Yellowstone Volcano erupting in the nex

1. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

What do you think the chances are of the Yellowstone Volcano erupting in the next century?

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

I'm sure it's already very overdue. That being said, it may be dormant or even distantly extinct. Let's hope it doesn't erupt, or the ash could be destructive.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

from what i've read the chances are very good. but then again i've also read the world is going to end on dec.21 2012, go figure.

4. annart profile image87
    annartposted 6 years ago

From what I've read and heard, it's long overdue and it's still active.  I think it'll be more than ash which causes havoc - there'll be huge devastation, probably enough to affect all of us, sadly.  I hope it doesn't but as mere mortals we have no way of stopping it and the elements control us all; we're just here for a small moment in time.

5. christopheranton profile image74
    christopherantonposted 6 years ago

I believe it is about 120,000 years overdue, and the ground is rising all the time. So it very well could erupt in the nerxt hundred years. It would be "bye bye" to the United States if it did. Let us pray that it stays quiet for another few thousand years.

working