The earth experiencing birth pangs

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (154 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12368377.jpg
    To those who believe the Bible to be the infallible Word of God:

Do you believe the earth is experiencing birth pangs as told in scripture at Matthew 24:6-8, which states:

"6 You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8 But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs."   

This morning when I opened my laptop, sadly, I saw where a historic earthquake, 7.9 magnitude, hit Nepal, then I noticed today that Chile had a volcano to erupt twice in 24 hours. Also, today in the headlines, scientists discovered another giant super volcano at Yellowstone National Park just under the reservoir.  It is 30 miles long, 44 miles wide and 12 miles deep, and if erupted could fill the Grand Canyon 11 times over. This is causing the ground to move up and down and last year the ground rose a foot higher. Plus, keeping in mind of the Ebola virus outbreak.  These natural disasters appear to be occurring more frequently than in the past and getting closer and closer from reading the daily news all around the world. If you believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, do you think the earth is experiencing birth pangs as described in scripture?  Thank you for your participation.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"These natural disasters are occurring more frequently than in the past and getting closer and closer."

Where's your source for this?

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are occurring more frequently it seems just as birth pangs come closer when about to give birth.

I just turned on my laptop this morning and all of these were on my home page.  You can Google all of these as they are in today's news. 

I quoted the scripture from the Bible, Matthew 24: 6-8.  There is also other parallel scripture in the Holy Bible at Luke 21:12, which states:  "11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.
        12 “But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name."

And Mark 13:8-11, which states:

"8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.
        9 “You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. 10 And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. 11 Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit."

Thank you for posting.

Do you have the scientific data that more earthquakes are happening lately?

I am just curious as to what I just read this morning in the news about all of these happenings of late and wondered if others who believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God believe, that these are signs of the birth pangs as described in scripture is all.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When we visited Yellowstone a decade ago we were told that the entire park is one giant caldera (volcano).  This is nothing new, nor are the hundreds of earthquakes that happen there every day.

And did you know that the hot spot under Yellowstone has erupted, not once, but many times in the past?  There is a chain of extinct volcanoes leading SW from Yellowstone; as the earth's surface moves away from that hot spot it produces an extinct volcano and the hot area deep under the mantle will eventually erupt again to form a new volcano.  This too, then, is nothing new and has been going on for millions of years.

The only thing new about earthquakes and volcanoes is the number of people killed, and that should be expected as the earth's population grows.

70,000 years ago, a volcano erupted and reduced the human population down to a few thousand. Now THAT would be an "end of the world" scenario. And yet, we still rebounded.

Thanks for your participation in the forum, but this forum is addressed to those who believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God.  Thank you.

This is an open forum, and when I see fear mongering, I will definitely respond to it.

I am not fear mongering, and I am simply inquiring as to what other believers think as to the what is happening as relates to scripture.  There is nothing to fear.  Thank you.

"These natural disasters are occurring more frequently than in the past and getting closer and closer."

Please stop posting things that are untrue.

Thank you.

2. Phil Perez profile image59
                    Phil Perezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Whenever you don't know something, Faith it's due to fear. When something like earthquakes or volcanoes happen (that are not in your control) there is a sense of fear. If you weren't scared, you would have a solution to prevent them from happening. That's the principle.

You're reacting to the word "fear" rather than understanding what it is. Definitions of words are deeper than what they seem in dictionaries. Remember that...

Humans have been around for many years and janesix is right, we've always come back from natural disaster (the black plague arguably being the biggest). At some point, it's possible that we won't be ready for a disaster because it'll be too strong and too lethal for us to have enough time to prevent it. Causing the end of the world to occur.

This has nothing to the Bible predicting the apocalypse, Faith. It's just the world "balancing" itself. It's been scientifically explained why tornadoes or tsunamis or volcanoes happen.

2. Jay C OBrien profile image64
              Jay C OBrienposted 9 years agoin reply to this

About 76,000 mount Toba erupted and almost wiped out the human population.  That is called the Toba Catastrophe Theory.  The human race did "rebound" but, by breeding within small isolated groups.  That means reproduction was by incest. Over generation mental illness resulted and that explains the human condition:  fear, paranoia, birth defects, etc.

That doesn't make sense. We've had 70,000 years of natural selection to breed out a lot of defects from the interbreeding.

Also, fear and paranoia are instincts, not birth defects.

1. Jay C OBrien profile image64

I don't think natural selection necessarily breeds anything out.  See a geneticist on this point.  Mental illness (fear and paranoia) is inherited so I refer to them as birth defects.  Again see a geneticist or M.D.

Everyone has fear. It's in your reptilian part of the brain. Everything with that part of the brain experiences it.

Fear is not a birth defect. Unless all mammals, reptiles and birds have the same birth defect.

2. Popit profile image60
                Popitposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So according to this argument, all birth defects can be traced back to Adam and Eve, you can't get a smaller gene pool than procreating with your own rib!

Good point.  The story of Adam and Eve comes from earlier stories from Babylon. I postulate a series of catastrophes which reduced the human population.  Depending on the extent of the catastrophes, surviving tribes may have had to reproduce by incest.  The Zuni American Indian Tribe have a legend about incest and a flood. So, a series of incestuous generations occurred after catastrophes such as Mount Toba eruption, Yellowstone....

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Yes, I do know of the eruption in the past.  This was in today's news about the giant super volcano just discovered at Yellowstone.  I am just curious as to whether others believers think of wheter these are more frequent than in the past is all.  They have always happened but it seems just from watching what is going on in the news, there are more happening all around the world more frequently than in the past.  Thanks for participating.

1. wilderness profile image95

Well, either that or the news from all over the world is now reported worldwide.  What used to be known to the inhabitants of a small village is now spread over the entire world.

3. Faith Reaper profile image83

Glad to know you believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God. If that is not the case, then you should not post here.  Thank you so much. I am just curious as to what I read just today in the news of all of the happenings and wanted to know if others think they are happening more frequently is all.

As has been pointed out, it is an open forum, not limited to believers.

And you got your answer; nothing has changed in the frequency of natural disasters.  Although I suppose you COULD say that comets, asteroids and such have decreased as there are fewer left flying around up there.

Yes, that is how I posed the forum to those who believe, so I will just ask a question then.  Thanks.

1. mishpat profile image60
                  mishpatposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Reaper, you did well to handle the rudeness.  Your question was well put and in a proper forum, and I had no problem understanding it.  Some folks, not necessarily those responding here, are just looking for a moment of relevance.

It does seem we see and hear more about natural disasters nowadays.  So it could be a prelude or just the technology that gives us info more readily.  But be assured, what we are seeing today will happen but probably at a greater level of intensity, only we won't be here.

And keep in mind that many of the non-believers are here just to argue and "barb" but their are many, including some of the snipers that are here because they are searching for what they do not have, which is evident in their questions.  So keep that sweet spirit.  They need to see all sides of Christianity (not religion).  All most of these know is what the have (negatively) experienced in "religion" or have been taught by other non-believers.

Hello mishpat,

So nice to meet you and thank you for your kindness in addressing my question. Yes, technology certainly has brought everything before our eyes in an instance no doubt about it.  We won't be here that is for sure, and I praise Him for that and place my full trust and faith in Him ...we are to be prepared and to keep watch is all.  There is nothing to fear for we know what God's Word tells us is to come. I do hope the fruit of the Spirit is evident in me. "They shall be known by their fruit." Again, thank you for your kindness and gentleness in your commenting.  God bless you.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
                    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Faith, essentially you are surmising and speculating. Some refuse to surmise/speculate about that which there is no way to tell one way or the other. You should also realize that forums are open to all and there is nothing you can do about it. Be thankful...
                    I say.

3. Sed-me profile image79
                    Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1
                    Glad to see you posting about the matters that matter to you Faith. I believe as you, that the Messiah will be returning soon.

I changed it to read ...these appear to be occurring more frequently ...

The Bible is Not the infallible word of God.  It is a collection of either 73 or 66 individual books (Catholic 73 vs. Protestant 66).  The Old Testament (OT) is a political statement by Rabbis defending their right to kill for land, but be protected by an unseen God.  The God of Israel is jealous, vengeful and wrathful; not at all like the God depicted by Jesus in the NT.  Follow Jesus, not the OT.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So, the 'god' of the Christian Testament is not the God of the Hebrew Bible?  Thanks for clarifying that.

Yes, unless you believe in a schizophrenic god.

Who, exactly, was the God Jesus prayed to?  Or, was he just talking to himself?

Postulation:  Jesus is like us, a form of energy.  This energy body attaches itself to the material body for its chosen purpose and then the material body dies and the energy body (soul/spirit) detaches.  Jesus prayed to his higher self.  Is there a "God" greater than us?  Yes, I believe so, but we are at all times connected to it.  Jesus said, "Ye are Gods," (like himself).  We are all connected in some energy field.  See Hub, "My telepathic Experiences."

2. jacharless profile image75
            jacharlessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Er, if a god is schizophrenic can it still be a god? hehe.
            Second, if one reads all the text, as tedious as it is -I know, you see a pattern of expression that begins soft, gets angry, then calms down and is soft again. Interestingly, this anger was directed at just one specific group of people, who -I might add, were noted repeatedly as being the most stubborn, stiff necked, irritating, grumbling, argumentative, violent and whiny group of humans ever to exist. They essentially summed up practical every facet of the human condition. And in their defense, bore the burden of a set of rules no one could ever keep, as they were purposefully designed so...

Cheers.

My God/Ideal is Not schizophrenic, subject to violent outbursts.  That is why I believe the god of the OT is not God at all.  Nor do I believe the "Jews" are a separate race of people.  Abraham married a Canaanite as did many others.  The "Jews" are interbred.  Let us call Hebrews ones who follow the teachings of the Rabbis.  The Rabbis teach God made a covenant with Joshua (et al) to enter the land of Canaan and kill every man, woman and child.  This is false on the face of it.  My God/Ideal does not choose one group of people to kill another.  If anyone out there wants to contend that God ordered the death of women and children in the Book of Joshua, I want to hear from them.

Well, I have to take the blame here.  I asked for something "original" and boy, oh, boy did we get it?

lol

Actually this is not, "original" at all.  Just read the Bible with common sense.  If it is wrong to hurt people, then our God should not hurt people.  Google, "atrocities in the Bible."

Your confusion is in terminology.  Atrocity, by your definition vs. necessity.  This is a loving God who cares for all.  When the choice is made to go against Him, then who is to blame for the aftermath of His judgement.

God rules His world by His rules not ours.  If He used our rules, I would speculate that none of us would be around tomorrow.

2. mishpat profile image60

Boring, tedious and unoriginal.

Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

If anything, the earth is reflecting on the fact that the people of India are loosing their deep rooted spirituality and tradition of Yoga or Scientific Union with God. They are apparently becoming more materialistic and less concerned with things not of this world.

I believe the earth reflects the consciousness of the population stomping around on it. That LA has not had its earthquake means something is going right here! (Knocking on wood.)

Now, the both atheists and the believers want to throw me out of this thread. But, of course, there is no way.

Thanks for the freedom of speech. smile

1. BuddiNsense profile image61
      BuddiNsenseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The northwestern Harappa to Mohan jedaro suffered earth quake in 3102 BC. J P Mittal
      Then in 883 AD an eartquake bloked river Jhelum
      Kashmir 1123 AD, 1501 AD, 1555 AD
      Looks like Indians were never spiritual.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol
        Thanks for this info!

BuddiNsenseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

When Nepal was groaning in earthquake, Christian Missionaries were shamelessly selling Jesus

Looks like "spirituality" is just another name for and licence to say BS.

Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No.
            Spirituality, good.
            Shamelessly selling, Bad.

Spirituality is the synonym of BS.

I beg to differ.
                Some spirtuality is BS, some is Reality for sure.
                Jesus's teachings are not BS.
                Interpretations of his teachings can be.

Spirituality is just another name given to creating an illusion with the help of repeated chanting and in case of at least some Indians by using "Bhang", a hallucinogen.

What are Jesus teachings any way? "Do unto others" was taught before by Hillel and before by Socrates and many others. Inventing the concept of Hell is the worst any man can do and that is what Jesus preached.
                  And teachings of Krishna are not good either for in Gita he preaches to keep the "varnasrama dharma", the caste system which is the curse of Indian society.
                  And the society he helped create, the Pandava rule, probably was very bad that it collapsed in two generations.

I did say… "if anything"… I did indicate I was merely surmising.
      If not… thats what I was doing. surmising... and rambling on..sharing MY beliefs
      well yeah, BS ing.

3. Caleb DRC profile image74
    Caleb DRCposted 9 years ago

Hello Faith Reaper,

It has been a long time since you and I corresponded.

Yes I absolutely believe in God's inerrant Word as it was originally written by those inspired by the Holy Spirit. The prophesies in Scripture are continuously coming true. The fact that God so accurately predicts the future is one of the reasons I so thoroughly believe in His Word.

About 30 natural disasters were reported in 1950, and in 2000 there were 450 reported. I calculated this rate of increase to be about 5.4%.  This, however, is not accurate because this rate predicts there should have been 862 reports in the year 2012, but there was 905 reported; therefore, the rate of increase is increasing. Nearly everything predicted in Scripture, and by Jesus Christ, has either come true or is coming true.  Eventually, everything Jesus Christ predicted will be coming true.

I think you're confusing the number reported with the number happening.  The two may (or may not) be the same today: they were NOT the same in 1950.

You might also take a look at the number of disasters (not lives lost, disasters) throughout history.  You will find that they come and go; there is no set number per year.

You know its always scarey (can I use that word, is it too close to fear), anyway, its always scarey when we agree on something.

Thanks, Wildnerness, for your participation here.

Hi Caleb,

So great to see you here and know you are still here on HP.  Yes, it has been awhile, and I must make amends about such.  Thank you for sharing your insight here, and I was blessed that Cam shared tons of data on earthquakes on this question I posed too, so I am grateful to know. I do believe prophecy is being fulfilled and, of course, will be fulfilled no matter what in His perfect timing. I am heading over to your side of HP town. 

God bless you, Caleb.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

4. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 9 years ago

It's sad that you guys WANT to see the end of the world.

Hi janesix, no, your perception is incorrect, as I do not "WANT" as you say to see the end of the world, and I cannot speak for anyone else but myself. Please do not put words in my mouth. Thank you so much.

All I am simply wanting to inquire of here is whether it appears to others that these events are increasing is all. However, again, I appreciate your participation, and understand you do not think these events are happening more frequently.  That is all I would like to know from others' perception as relates to what is happening in the world each day.

I have an answer from a hubber, Cam, in a question, who provided a lot of data concerning earthquakes after he did a good bit of research to address my inquiry, as to whether they are actually occurring more or not today than in the past, not necessarily in numbers, but in close proximity to each other, as in birth pangs.

5. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 9 years ago

There is little doubt this planet is undergoing a massive change, which I personally feel is the direct result of humanity. Famine, Pestilences, Floods, Fires, Volcanic eruptions, Tsunamis, Droughts, Earthquakes, etc are all natural events, true, but there is much evidence to suggest humans are the reason these events are speeding up. I spy Oklahoma as a prime example. Second are the radical changes in weather patterns across the world, etc as humans continue to breach the atmosphere into space, drill deep into the planet for whatever, barrage the oceans with rubbish and continue the real estate concept of Cain by building on every available piece of land...

As for wars, and even rumors of wars, again we see human action. Lastly, regarding the biblical quotes. I ask you to read them more efficiently. Both passages are quite specific in their mention of synagogues. "flogged in the synagogues", "handed over to the synagogues".

An interesting perspective of the quotes is this: in the AD span, as Christianity blossomed, many synagogues became Christian meeting places, as Jews converted in very large numbers and Gentiles converted their primitive temples, etc as well. By suggesting arrest, flogging, etc by these new synagogues, is the writer implying and internal conflict; an internal persecution?

Cheers

Cheers, jacharless, thank you so much for your participation here and sharing your interesting insight. You have gone way deeper here than my inquiry, and I do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Yes, we certainly have done a number on this planet. There is no doubt about that fact.

I just wanted to simply inquiry as to whether it appears to anyone else that these events are happening closer in proximity than in the past, not necessarily the number but are they getting closer together as in birth pangs.  Thank you again.

1. jacharless profile image75
        jacharlessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello Theresa,
        Glad to participate smile

As I know it, throughout history there have been "waves" of catastrophes. Granted, in the last century -even half-century; heck in the last  decade said events do appear to be increasing in both number and intensity. In the last ten years a dozen major volcanic eruptions from Iceland to Japan, especially the Caulle eruption; to this add Tsunamis and Typhoons, Hurricanes and major precipitation in the form of rain, ice and snow --and of course, earthquakes: Sumatra in `04, Haiti in `11, Sichuan in `12, Japan just last year and most recently Kathmandu. These, obviously are on a larger scale and do not include the smaller ones. On some level all of them are seemingly becoming more frequent which could just be a geological effect -or not. But, suffice to say, it's been a busy decade for mama nature.

Wow, jacharless,

Thank you so much for further information here. There was an avalanche yesterday or this morning on Mt. Everest.  I just had an email pop in from one of our own here on HubPages, Vinaya Ghimire, who is from Nepal and has even written hubs about Nepal.  Here is what he stated in part, being we are discussing earthquakes and such, and in particular the one that just happened in Nepal. 

"After a powerful earthquake of 7.9 magnitude on April 25, 6.9 on April 26 and 5.7 on April 27, Nepal has been completely devastated.

Today is day four. We experienced earthquake for three consecutive days. I am trying to move my family from Kathmandu to my farm which is relatively safe but airports and roads both have been damaged."

Thank you again.

1. Sed-me profile image79
            Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is heartbreaking. They are in need of a miracle. I am praying for that.

6. BuddiNsense profile image61
    BuddiNsenseposted 8 years ago

Copied satire from http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/o-t- … /56682168/
    Kathmandu, April 28: Slamming the contemptible act of the Church Missionaries to send 100,000 paperback editions of Gideon Bibles to mourning Nepal, the government of Nepal has told the missionaries that next time perhaps they “give their thick heads a shake” and send emergency supplies, not stacks of New Testaments.

“Well, isn’t that just a plane-load full of stupid?” said a shocked and annoyed Nepal Prime Minister Sushil Koirala when told by CNN that the plane taxiing in to Tribhuvan International Airport was full of Gideon Bibles.
    More than 100,000 paperback-edition Gideon Bibles have arrived in Nepal to provide relief for the millions of Nepalese desperate for help following the devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquake that has struck the country.

But the jet loaded with skids of boxed Bibles was called misguided and “dumber-than-dumb-ass” by rescue groups and world governments alike.

The Nepal PM asked, “Do they think Nepal is a Motel?”

“We cannot eat Bibles. We cannot use them as shovels.”

“Nepal desperately needs food and medicine and equipment and workers…not best-seller books.”

http://www.opindia.com/2015/04/when-nep … ing-jesus/

Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is from an article originally posted on a satirical joke site and has since been removed:
      http://www.newsbharati.com/info.htm#.VT-6O6at2pT
      http://thelapine.ca/emergency-gideon-bi … d-to-nepal

In other words, the story is not legit; it never happened.

I know, but the link I gave was to another site where the comments (are all real) are similar to the comment Kathryn L Hill made  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130207? … ost2728956 . I only want to stress the point that it is not bible or god that people in distress wants. Comments like people brought it on themselves by being less spiritual is unwarranted if not offensive.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

PS… what is being born again?

Born again, dwija is what bring free food to brahmins for all their life, and is a simple ritual that brings one time food and life time client to a  christian priest.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

Also, it is sad that so many… 5000 people have died in this earthquake. To joke about it or even use it to declare that which we can only guess about seems shallow. I have deep reverence for the people of India, their culture and their religious/spiritual traditions. I am sorry if I seemed arrogant up there.
    I believe the teachings of Krishna also reveals Reality in the Bhagavad Gita.

1. Popit profile image60
      Popitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you Kathryn, the Nepal disaster is no joke and not an out reach opportunity for any kind of fundamentalist group.  The country is totally devastated and relief work is difficult because of the terrain.  It's up to the rest of the world to practice the compassion and selflessness of their chosen spirituality, with practical help and no faith strings attached.  Faith systems who do not discriminate or proselytize but act out their faith in practical aid are surely more likely to reach more peoples hearts?  Not to mention the admiration of humanity in general.

+1!

9. mishpat profile image60
    mishpatposted 8 years ago

Hypocrisy at its highest level...

When nothing can be presented truthfully, lie.

So did satan in the Garden.  So do his minions today.

1. Popit profile image60

Huh?

mishpatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We have those on HP that properly give opinions, theories, facts, scientific facts and other positions.  With each it is interesting to look at their profile, if any, (right, I don't have one) to better understand their reasoning.  Knowing this, it helps to converse in a social manner.  Sometimes there are heated debates but most times there is an exchange of honest interests and information.

Then there are those that just "lie" to cause issues and argument.  They eat up page space and add nothing of value.  But is satisfies their shortcomings to cause consternation.  And to respond is usually an exercise in futility, a waste of time, that just gives them relevance.  One picks his friends and friendly adversaries here on HP based on valuable input and discussion. 

I enjoy healthy debate, puns, humor and the like interspersed to keep things from getting dry.  Some folks to not rate anything but an indirect general comment in the vein of "if the shoe fits, wear it."  They are, of course, free to respond, but usually don't.  I fee free to do the same.

Sed-meposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"puns"?
          Really? <disappointed sigh>

And what's wrong with being "punny"?  It's not possible to take half the folks here seriously, and they need a little humor in their black and dreary lives.

1. Popit profile image60

Gosh, that's a bit mean isn't it?  My black and dreary life is offended. (Not)
              roll

Well then change the frown to a smile.  You seem to be part of the "other half."

Ever read some of these folks bio's?  It doesn't appear they are anything but black and dreary.

1. Popit profile image60

smile

Good job, Popit!  big_smile

2. BuddiNsense profile image61

"just another believer in Jesus Christ.  But He talked to anybody, anywhere, anytime.  At times He called the unbelievers "snakes"."
                  This do appear black and dreary
                  or do you mean this
                  "I am the light bearer, the follower of the true god. I bring truth and truth is the least wanted
                  Light is black and dreary!

2. Sed-me profile image79

puns=lowest form of humor ("humour", if you're British... or Canadian, the Queen's other pet.)

There rang out a chorus of folk
                Who railed at another’s fine joke
                With glee they asserted
                Cajoled, poked and blurted
                That humor should never provoke.

Limericks can be "punny" too.

I enjoy a good limerick.

2. profile image0
                  SirDentposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Very punny!!!  lol

3. bBerean profile image59
                  bBereanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not all in attendance agreed,
                  For provocative humor we need.
                  A voice from the crowd
                  Shouted out loud
                  With good humor your case you should plead!

2. BuddiNsense profile image61

Truth is nastier, here the quotes of some "sincere" christians. Sending a few bibles would be OK as people turn to god during crisis and Christians get some consolation reading the bible.
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12384353.jpg

Actually it is not surprising considering that Christians actually think murder is godly and hence can get a perverse pleasure from others misfortunes and take all those opportunities to sell their religion.

janesixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sick, isn't it?

Yes! But you cannot expect anything different from people who follow a murderous "god". I would call such tyrants satan not god!

janesixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. You have to suspect the morals people who worship a God with His "morals".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)