jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your 3 favorite museums? Why? Where are they located?

1. KrystalD profile image80
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

What are  your 3  favorite museums? Why? Where are they  located?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I only have 1 favorite museum and it is one that I visited every weekend as a child. MOSI is Tampa, Florida. They always had fun exibits, plenty of things for younger children, and lots of summer programs. I would play in the wheelchair, going through the maze as best I could to beat my previous times. Watch open heart surgery in the anatomy area of the children's floor. Go into the partial airplane to see what the pilots always saw when they landed, all the nobs and switches and lights. They had a cave exibit once that was quite interesting. You could crawl around the maze trying to get out (they were short so no one could have panic attacks because of claustrophobia). And I specifically remember one summer I went to a robotics program to learn about mechanics. A wonderful place that I constantly enjoy remembering.

3. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

My favorites are the Met in NYC, The Museum of The Atlantic in Halifax , Nova Scotia and the Smithsonian in Washington.

4. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 6 years ago

You can go a long way to find a good museum. Popularity can be measured by numbers of visitors or by preferences. Here are local museums with wide-ranging exhibits and internallionally famed museums. read more

working