jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What are your favorite free or very low cost summer fun ideas?

1. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 3 years ago

What are your favorite free or very low cost summer fun ideas?

What are your best ideas for free or VERY low cost summer fun. (By very low costs I'm thinking under $10 for your family or money that's part of your normal budget anyway - i.e. having a picnic at the park can count as free b/c it doesn't cost you more than eating the same food at home; visiting a state park and paying the few bucks to park etc.)

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

swimming
    any sports especially ones you make yourself
    water gun fights
    Go to the park. Get on the swings. Swing as high as you can. Kick your shoes off while swinging. Whoever gets the farthest shoe wins
    family bike ride if you all have bikes.

3. marieloves profile image80
    marielovesposted 3 years ago

- camp outside in the backyard
    - family fun nights - movies and boardgames
    - plan a scavenger hunt
    - go to summer festivals, farmers market, free museums
    - go geocaching

4. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Hiking, camping in many locations can be very cheap, playing at the park, many cities have a lot of free museums.  National and state parks, the library, swimming if you have a relative or friend with a pool, nature crafts, there are endless things you can find to do in the summer months smile

1. profile image72
      ElleBeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great ideas. I so wish free musuems were an option where I live! We don't even have any museums in my town!  Luckily most of the libraries here have free passes for various museums throughout MA and southern New England

working