jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would you had done had you won the 325 million dollar power ball?

1. Ona Canady profile image61
    Ona Canadyposted 6 years ago

What would you had done had you won the 325 million dollar power ball?

What if you were the one who one the 325 million dollar power ball, would you quit your job right away and announce to the world your 3250 million dollars richer?

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I would buy my new houses for both my daughters and their changing family situations;  I would open a huge animal rescue operation so animals who are not being adopted, or are unadoptable would still have love and care; I would open a private school with real educational standards based on life skills and not tests; (and set up a scholarship so anyone could afford to attend); I'd pay off my own mortgage, and buy solar panels to get off the grid........for starters. 
    I've always wished I could afford to be a philanthropist--that kind of money would allow me to be just that.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I'd definately quit my job but I wouldn't announce it all over the planet - you'd get hounded by nut jobs and those on the make!

I'd keep enough to ensure that my family and me were okay and very comfortable for the rest of our lives. I'd donate a lot to my local area to get things that they need such as more facilities for kids and the elderly and disabled and also local groups. I'd then give the rest away to charity.

4. Brooke Lorren profile image60
    Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't quit my job.  I like what I do.  I'd just have a little more fun doing it.

I'm guessing for the instant payoff, you'd have to have half the money taken out initially.  That would bring the amount down to $163 millon.  Then half of that payment would go to taxes, leaving you with $82 million.  I'd give $32 million of that to my church leaving me with $50 million.  Then I'd give another $20 million of that or so to charity, leaving me with $30 million.  I'd use about $5 million of that to buy some things that I could use to make myself more secure in life (and go on a few more vacations) and I suppose that I would have invested the rest.