jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How To Encourage Kids To Do Homework?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How To Encourage Kids To Do Homework?

2. drspaniel profile image89
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

If you give them a reward system for doing their homework, like a 2 hour pass to play on video games, they will almost certainly fall into a habit of doing homework automatically. Due to the fact hat once they see that homework is now worth doing, they'll get it done in better time and quality. Plus if you do think they are rushing their homework just to get the reward, make sure that you mention to them that they're not allowed to play unless it reaches a certain standard.

(If you feel it necessary, you could deduct time from their video game usage, if they hand in homework more than once which is below standard.) Good luck!

3. Nare Anthony profile image70
    Nare Anthonyposted 6 years ago

When I told my dad that I got no benefit of studying and I wanted to work instead for money, he said that studying now was my job and I had to do it the way he did his job. Sounds simple but really encouraged me smile

4. lawdoctorlee profile image87
    lawdoctorleeposted 6 years ago

The first few weeks of school are great...then somewhere along the line...the Ironman folder is ripped, the Elsa book bag smells like spoiled milk, and now your child doesn't want to do homework. read more

5. lawdoctorlee profile image87
    lawdoctorleeposted 6 years ago

Great question, Shil1978.  You inspired me to write a hub about it :-)

6. wiserworld profile image91
    wiserworldposted 6 years ago

Reward them with popcorn and a movie. Sometimes money.

7. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Having problem with kids not doing homework? How do you encourage kids to do homework? Try making the environment cozy, quit nagging, make sure kids are not hungry and let them rest at interval time. read more

working