What are the side effects of taking probiotics?

1. unvrso profile image89
    unvrsoposted 6 years ago

What are the side effects of taking probiotics?

Are there any indications when taking acidophilus along with other medications?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6345795_f260.jpg

2. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

My advise for people who have primary care providers who manage their health care needs is "obtain advice from these providers before using probiotics. If a person is critically ill, probiotics could be harmful. For example, if a person is suffering from a condition called "acute pancreatitis" and consumes probiotic bacteria, this could increase this person's risk of dying.
    If a person has allergies, probiotics could increase his or her risk for developing sensitivities to more allergens. There is some evidence that probiotic products such as yogurts may cause an increase in risk for obesity in some people. These theories are still being investigated and more time will be needed to know for sure if these findings are true. My suggestion is to refrain from over-doing it with the probiotics and to use your own doctor or other provider to help you with make good decisions on using these powerful organisms.
    Regards, Dr. haddox

3. Stanar profile image59
    Stanarposted 6 years ago

To give you some feedback without checking the internet and from my interest in nutrition for over 30 years, probiotics are helpful bacterias found in the intestines that take care of the intestines to keep it healthy. Many of us lack these bacterias and needto replenish them to repair and maintain healthy intestines.There are several forms of acidophillus often given together in a pill, and they are living organisms. Side effects I would think are negigible, accept maybe taken with foul yogurt. in my opinion, probiotics is the safeists, healthiest ingredient you can take as important and more so  than vitamins and minerals. Do some checking for reputable qualty probiotic companies that make fresh live quality products. Iwish Icould advise you.I can't think of their names. You are on the right track, so i wish you the best in your search.

working