jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

You have a $Billion check to donate to an education level: Elementary, Middle, o

1. KeithJK profile image59
    KeithJKposted 6 years ago

You have a $Billion check to donate to an education level: Elementary, Middle, or High School?

3 sentences or less please.

2. John Sarkis profile image83
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

Elementary, because, children learn much faster when small than they do as adults.

3. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I would create my own school system from scratch, since the US public school system is corrupted by government intervention.

4. SantaCruz profile image71
    SantaCruzposted 6 years ago

I'd choose elementary school because these years establish academic and social foundations and require good student/teacher ratios and adjunct services. Children who don't develop reading skills, good social skills & a positive self-concept early on are disadvantaged throughout education and may lose interest in school entirely. When a school community breeds friendly, confident little readers, it will get a better crop of middle school & high school students.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Why choose? 33 million to each. They are all important. However, I would change it up a bit more differently. If I were forced to donate to education levels, I would donate 1 million to as many schools as I could. If you donate to the state, you don't know what will happen to the money as much. This way it's easier to keep track of.

6. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

Educated well at the elementary level is what I'd go for.   But some of that Billion would go to ensuring, as far as possible, a certain amount of education and counselling for the parents and older siblings of these kids.  That way what they learned at elementary school would not be sabotaged by those these kids regard as their role models.   For much of this Billion would go not just on 'reading, writing and ';rithmetic, but on such things as values, qualities...and what makes for a more sound society.

Why simply waste it on academic subjects!