jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do we give back to Mother Nature what we have taken away from her?

1. Vellur profile image90
    Vellurposted 6 years ago

How do we give back to Mother Nature what we have taken away from her?

We have been living by using each and every resource of Mother Nature. With all the global warming going on, how do you think you can contribute to replenish Mother Nature??

2. HemperorsCloset profile image57
    HemperorsClosetposted 6 years ago

We can remember what she's given us and be grateful. We can grow Hemp.

3. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Reforestation of forests on large scale, worldwide, cleaning up the ocean of  non biodegradable debris (as simple as picking up plastic on the beach when you see one) . We should study small countries who have perfected this..almost..Japan for one.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I like what the forestry program is doing which is to when a tree is cut down, plant a new seedling in its place.  Planting trees, foilage and plants where possible helps with replaing oxygen and beautification of the earth. Following this fashion, we can replace some natural resources such as this as take them for our use.  Others, I think we need to recycle or conserve usage.

5. cookies4breakfast profile image60
    cookies4breakfastposted 6 years ago

My husband and I are trying to reduce our carbon footprint where we can.  We do try to shop locally, and we're trying to be more aware of where items we purchase originate.  We recycle and try to to purchase items without excessive packaging.  Because we can't afford solar panels yet, we do try to have a few hours each day wherein we leave the lights, the computers, and the tv's off.  While we weren't able to go completely organic with our garden this year, we are composting.

Msorensson is right about picking up garbage that washes up on the beach--great point!