How can students attend school when they are not documented?

1. AEvans profile image78
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

How can students attend school when they are not documented?

Residing in a state that has many undocumented immigrants. How can the children who are undocumented attend school? When I enrolled our son in school, we had to provide a list of U.S. documentation including a birth certificate. I believe all children are entitled to an education; but how are the able to enroll the students?  If you can please write a hub.

2. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

You are reminding me that I also had to provide a birth certificate when my child registered for school, but remember that any child born in the U.S. is a citizen, even if the parents are not.  So many of the children may be born here, and entitled by law to an education, even if their parents are illegal immigrants.  I do know from my Mexican born sister-in-law that social workers on the border of CA do not have to ask for residency/citizenship in order to provide services.  I'd have to do some more research for a Hub on this, but you've got me thinking.

3. nishlaverz profile image61
    nishlaverzposted 6 years ago

I live in the UK and my Daughter has just started nursery (Kindergarten) and we to have to provide the child's birth certificate when enrolling them. I'll look into a hub that takes in info from all over the world.

working