This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you live in the country or city? Please give us 3 reasons you prefer one or t

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Do you live in the country or city? Please give us 3 reasons you prefer one or the other.

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

Country 1. it's quiet 2. I can tan in my yard without feeling weird 3. I can have a large garden

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We live 4 miles outside of town in a tract with 5 acre pieces, so yes, it would be out in the country - sort of. 

1) I much prefer living outside of town because neighbors are not right under your nose so you get a little privacy but not total isolation.

2) We have a lot of wildlife on the property.

3) We can have horses, or chickens or whatever - we don't but we could.

4) Room for the dogs to run.

4. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

I live in a small town now but have lived in a big city as well. I wasn't a fan of the business and noise of the city, never mind the pollution and fast food chains as far the eye can see. I like the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of a little town personally.

5. Danwe profile image74
    Danweposted 6 years ago

I live in country. 1) we can grow my own vegetables or fruits without added chemicals etc. 2) we keep chickens and rabbits so again, we have "bio" meat and eggs 3)  you have some cardio in winter while shoveling snow and in summer I don't even have to tell you what house chores

6. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I live in the country..sort of. I love it because it's quiet, our neighbors aren't on top of us and at night the star light is amazing smile

7. Jynzly profile image71
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

I live in an "exclusive" townhouse in the city; exclusive in the sense that only those who can financially afford can live here (and the gates of the whole area plus the compound where I stay is strictly 24-hours guarded and my doors vaulted)...rich people, so to speak. I live alone and should have liked to have a maid like I always had but ever since I found out that my maid was an accomplice to an attempted robbery in my home in another part of the city before I moved in here four months ago, I have to get away from a maid. My daughter has one maid to come by once in a while and a cleaner provided by the homeowners association comes once a week.
    I had been living in the center of commercial area (the big mall is just around the corner, banks, school, church, traffic, restaurants, etc.) in the city for more than a decade until my husband died and my two children becoming successful in their studies, career, and marriage lives. I tried to live with them but I didn't like the feeling of "just another family member" despite all the comforts. The longest time I live with my (millionaire) son was five months...it was very comfortable and happy with my growing grandchildren...eldest is sophomore college now...but I prefer to live alone and reign in my own "kingdom".
    It's very scary to live in the city (Philippines) when people suspect you are rich...when they know I have a millionaire son,  foreigner husband, and living alone...I had always been a target of criminals, robbers specifically. I had been robbed lots of times and had some kidnapping for ransom attempts to me, thanks to my son's success.
    I prefer to live peacefully and normally in the country where nobody would try to pry on you as to whether you are rich or poor. The last time I had lived in the country was 37 years ago when I was pregnant to my son and was exiled and "hidden"in my father's farm until I delivered my baby and stayed two years longer until I went back to the city with my two-year-old son. I loved the country...it was beautiful and peaceful...now I am still on "hiding" for another reason...hiding from the robbers...and had to stop working for this reason.

working