jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Has Been Your Experience Getting Married Young?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

What Has Been Your Experience Getting Married Young?

Do you feel it was good that you married young, or do you look back now and regret getting married young?

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 6 years ago

My wife and I have been happily married for 31 years, since we were both 20. If we could turn back time, we would get married again, but that doesn't mean that it is a good idea to marry young. I think we would both recommend against it. Most of us are still kids at 20, even though we might feel "grown up." Live for yourself for a few years before you have to start considering another person. Know that you can succeed, and be happy, solo. Then get married, if you want. There is no hurry.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 6 years ago

As the father of 3 teenaged daughters I do think it is a mistake to marry before completing some kind of college degree (that is a father's pre-judgment, plain & simple). Now, I do believe there are exceptions to this. First we must remember, that two people deeply in love may find it difficult to live apart and cannot imagine being content apart. Yet this is the time when this love can even grow much more deeply (in separation).
    If you were to "look up" the percentage of marriages that have faultered due to significant economic issues you would be flabbergasted. The percent is significantly arguable; however, it (apparently) approaches 80%.  Therefore, I believe it is important to wait until you are stable economically and the couple has had time to prepare for all of the associated issues in wedlock. Please remember it is better to have allies in your cause before you dive into such a monumental "arena" ...

4. sandrabusby profile image84
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

I married very young (18) and had both my children before I was 21 and that has served me very well.  I did, however, have to take a detour about age 40 to find out who I was and why I was here.  But, hey, by them I had already gotten an education, had a career, and raised my children.  So I was free to go exploring.

5. postapocalyptic profile image54
    postapocalypticposted 6 years ago

I find it to be extremely challenging, but also very rewarding. It keeps you focused on what is important.

6. DeanCash profile image60
    DeanCashposted 6 years ago

Most of my relatives got medical degrees and over the years I learned and conclude that woman should get married early (don't bite me this is my point of view) but at least the woman should be at least be 17. Peak is 25. Child bearing is a life time contract and it is no longer the same when you have a child but when you do bear a child, it's like the world will go round.
    But if you do have some relationship problem (emotional or whatever) no matter how big is your wedding. The prince and the princess will never live happy ever after.

working