What are the allergic reactions to look for after being stung by a wasp?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

What are the allergic reactions to look for after being stung by a wasp?

2. itakins profile image86
    itakinsposted 5 years ago

If you know,or suspect ,that you are allergic to wasp stings,you should not hang about watching for symptoms;but go where you can get medical attention immediately.However,most people are not morbidly allergic to wasp stings,but their bodies  will show  reactions to varying degrees .This reaction can be anything from localised redness,pain, itching, and swelling,to more widespread swelling and itching.In extreme cases there can be breathing difficulties as a result of anaphylactic shock.

3. Rolly A Chabot profile image84
    Rolly A Chabotposted 5 years ago

Several years ago I was clearing some underbrush at the end of my driveway with a chainsaw and ripped unknowingly through a wasp nest. All I was wearing was cutoffs. I was stung 27 times and immediately called 911. I was told to monitor for swelling and breathing problems. Fifteen minutes later I called the hospital and mentioned I was having trouble breathing and was instructed to get there as soon as possible. I lived 14 miles away from any medical help. The good news is I made it in time just before my breathing cut off. The swelling was horrible. I was given adrenaline shots and slept for six hours in emergency. My advice is to not wait if you are severely stung... get help and do it immediately.