jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What characteristic do you love most about yourself?

1. LailaK profile image76
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

What characteristic do you love most about yourself?

2. anndavis25 profile image78
    anndavis25posted 5 years ago

My optimism.  No matter what has happened to me (a long list)  I have kept my faith in humanity and God.  I hold on to the light through the dark passages, until I reach to better side of things.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

my honesty. i'm one of the few people i have ever met that refuses to be politically correct or to sugar coat an answer. if anyone asks my opinion, they had better be ready for an honest answer.

4. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

I would like to go to bed every night knowing I have been kind to everyone and anyone I encounter during the day. 

I have learned I cannot fail by being kind, no matter what the other person is doing or saying.

Two examples: 

QUITE AWHILE AGO, a car almost ran into the side of me.  It was my fault.  I was making a left turn, and the part of the car that separates the windshield from the door totally blocked from my sight an oncoming car.  I usually lean forward and backward to check, but I was on my way to work, thinking about other things. 

Although the car did not hit me, I did pull over.  The driver of the car got out, and he screamed and screamed at me in a rage.  He called me all sorts of names, and he added that I was a stupid idiot. 

I just looked at him, and I said, "I am very sorry, I did not see you coming."

He got into his car and stormed off.  Although I was very upset, I knew it would have done no good to be nasty. 

I was driving to the store when a car in front of me braked to allow the car ahead of her to turn into a driveway.  I put on my brakes, then I began to slowly accelerate when the car started moving again.

Suddenly I felt an enormous impact on the back of my car.  An 80 year old lady rammed into me so hard that both her airbags came out, and her car was totaled.

I got out of my car, and I went to her window.  I looked at her, and I asked, "Are you okay, should I call 911?"

She said, "Thank you so much for not yelling at me."  Neither of us were injured.

Turns out we had the same insurance company, and I drove her there.  After arrangements were made for both of us, I drove her home.  She was a beautiful person who did not deliberately intend to cause an accident.

When God takes me into eternity, I want to be remembered as having been a kind person.

Blessings, Sparklea

5. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I was going to list the characteristics that I love most about myself... but then, I looked at the clock, and noted that it was after 2:00 PM.... and I have a date for dinner at 6:30......and 4 and a half hours isn't NEARLY enough time to enumerate ALL the wonderful characteristics that I love about myself.... so, I'll have to leave this question unanswered....