jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which subject did you hate the most in school? why?

1. dipsmi profile image74
    dipsmiposted 5 years ago

Which subject did you hate the most in school? why?

2. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 5 years ago

Math, and as a college art teacher once put it he said "Most artistic people tend to be mathtarded such as myself." Basically that sentence describes me.

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Algebra!  I like basic math, but I HATED algebra.......I didn't have the greatest lesson plan (or the patience to finish problems which make no sense:).  I made it through with the help of a friend!!

4. rebeccamealey profile image83
    rebeccamealeyposted 5 years ago

Algebra. I could not understand why they wanted to put my beloved alphabet into a numbers deal!

5. Rochelle Frank profile image97
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Interesting answers so far-- I also was more 'art class' than 'math class'-- but I liked algebra a bit more, because it used ideas and concepts. Geometry was even better, because it involved concepts that could be visualized.

Overall, I struggled with math-- but when I taught elementary students, I  liked teaching math to students (like me) who struggled with it. I understood where they were in learning math, and tried to introduce concepts that made it more understandable for them.

6. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Math, it was horrible and two of my children struggle with it also. The other one loves it and is a math genius. I have no idea where he got that.
    I loved Tech Trendy's mathtard. It describes me so well.

7. procreate-light profile image74
    procreate-lightposted 5 years ago

I also hated algebra.  I loved basic math, geometry, statistics, business math and physics, so it wasn't a math thing....it was a "take this number and letter sentence and after doing these calculations turn it into another number and letter sentence".

I wasn't going into engineering, and knew I would never use it....to this day I have not used algebra for anything and still don't know why it wasn't considered an elective.  It's VALUABLE, no doubt about that, but not every person or career needs it.  (plus I also struggled with it...straight C's all the way thru, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I and Algebra II)

working