jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many of Nostradamus prophesies have come true?

1. Charlton Burton profile image71
    Charlton Burtonposted 5 years ago

How many of Nostradamus prophesies have come true?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

None. Nostradamus was under contract to write thinly veiled satirical political commentary of his day.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

It depends on who does the interpretation. All of Nostadamus's quatrains were written so enigmatically that interpretation is usually garbage and many writers come up with entirely different results.

Quite possibly none of them; and equally possible, all of them. Then again, they could all be nonsense riddles meant to entertain and nothing more.

He mentioned in his preface that there were clues to the solutions in the inheritance to be given his son, Cesar. Edgar Leoni, in his own analysis, could find nothing in that inheritance that seemed to solve the quatrains, but I think he overlooked the letter to his son which was preface to the second set. The letter, itself, could have been the inheritance -- and it is full of potential clues.

(@WD Curry 111's answer is likely better than mine! wink

4. Religulous profile image71
    Religulousposted 5 years ago

Many of Nostradamus prophesies have come true Michel de Nostroedame was born at the beginning of the sixteenth century in France. He wrote many prophesies in verse, and has become known to us today as Nostradamus. He prophesied the death of Henry II of France in a jousting accident, the Great Fire of London, the execution of Charles I of Britain, the rise and fall of Napoleon and the work of Louis Pasteur. He also foretold the rise of Adolf Hitler and the dropping of the atomic bombs in Japan in 1945.

working