jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

On the 21st December 2012 will the world come to an end?

1. one2get2no profile image82
    one2get2noposted 5 years ago

On the 21st December 2012 will the world come to an end?

According to ancient prophets on the 21st December 2012 the sun and the planets will line up with the centre of our galaxy. Does this herald the physical destruction of our world from some huge disaster or does it mean some huge economic change?

2. melpor profile image94
    melporposted 5 years ago

A course not unless something actually happens on the 21st of December. But the reality of things is that no one cannot predict a future event. Every event is preceded by a cause before the effect. Therefore, if anything remotely resembles a world ending event were to occur on 21 DEC 2012 it would be pure coincidence.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

It may or may not, there again, it might come to an end in the next second, you or  I, or uncle Tom Cobbley an all may die in our next breath, it really isn't worth worrying about, what comes is what comes, there's nowt worrying can do about it.

4. blaeberry profile image59
    blaeberryposted 5 years ago

I really hope not since that's my dad's 60th birthday.  Given how many times these predictions have been made and doomsday has not come to pass, I seriously doubt that the world will end on that day. If it turns out I'm wrong, at least nobody will be around to say - told you so!

5. ercramer36 profile image95
    ercramer36posted 5 years ago

Nope, there will be a December 22nd and 23rd.

6. Vegas Elias profile image27
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

I personally believe that on 21st of December 2012 the worst that could happen is a close brush with another planet which may cause another "Noah's Flood" and nothing more. The world will definitely not come to an end because this event is supposed to occur every 3000 years.

7. profile image0
    Sean Tankersleyposted 5 years ago

I firmly believe nothing will happen. I am going to go about my day just as I would any other day. It's a Friday so I will go to work, unless my bosses get scared and close for the day, and I will likely have a beer or two or even more that night. There's no sense in worrying about it too because if it happens then it happens.