jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Can sun melt snow?

1. Vellur profile image89
    Vellurposted 5 years ago

Can sun melt snow?

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Yes it can just making my answer longer.. Oh it's still too short smile

3. rahul0324 profile image83
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

Vellur! My friend... how long an explanation do you expect! The Sun contains sufficient energy in the form of heat to melt every living soul and non living entity on the earth!

The ozone layer on the earths stratosphere protects us as it refines the intensity of rays of the sun... reflecting back the UV content!

However due to some of man's endeavors, global warming has taken place resulting in ozone depletion in certain regions! This has depleted the protective coating and some of the earth's parts have been exposed to Sun's UV radiation!

So the polar caps have already started melting my friend... and water level is starting.

The answer in a nutshell to your question is  " IT ALREADY HAS"

4. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Yes, it does melt snow after a certain temperature.  It slowly melts with the sun over time when it is below 32.  Coming from the midwest snow belt, It doesn't melt fast enough!

Vellurposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wanted to add "How fast", but you have answered teaches12345. Thank you.

5. libby101a profile image62
    libby101aposted 5 years ago

Any heat source will melt snow... so absolutely yes!

The question was "Can snow melt ice and how fast" Forgot to add the other bit!!!!!!!!!

6. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

Yes without any trouble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The question was "Can snow melt ice and how fast" Forgot to add the other bit!!!!!!!!!

Closed to reply

working