jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What culture should I choose for an ethnographic study paper I need to do for an

1. Bedbugabscond profile image97
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

What culture should I choose for an ethnographic study paper I need to do for anthropology? c

What is a good culture to study for an ethnographic study paper I need to do for my anthropology course?

2. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6551632_f260.jpg

How about Olmec?  It is felt to be the "mother" culture of Mexico dating back as to as early as 1500BC.  There is a an important ancient Olmec settlement in La Venta.  My son is working in an archeologic dig in Los Soldados looking for relics from this culture.

1. inevitablesecrets profile image73
      inevitablesecretsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I went to a really good museum exposition of them in San Francisco.  They are really impressive.

2. Bedbugabscond profile image97
      Bedbugabscondposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I will add that to my list! Would it be easy to find the information I needed for the ethnographic study from the internet alone?

3. inevitablesecrets profile image73
    inevitablesecretsposted 5 years ago

I did one on the Zulu that was fascinating, also the Australian Aborigines are interesting. If you are in a cultural author class chances are you have read the nacarima paper, if you haven't look it up and read it.  To do a paper on the American culture would be cool and difficult.

Thanks, I will add that to my list! Would it be easy to find the information I needed for the ethnographic study from the internet alone?

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

The Mbuti pygmies of the Belgian-Congo are a fascinating people.  Colin Turnbull wrote a wonderful study on them, The Forest People.

working