jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the scariest true event you have experienced or know of someone who has

1. Sue B. profile image96
    Sue B.posted 5 years ago

What is the scariest true event you have experienced or know of someone who has experienced?

They say fact is stranger than fiction.  Real events can be even scarier than the ghost stories or urban legends we hear throughout our lives.  True human experiences and historical events can often seem worse than what we could possibly imagine.

2. mariexotoni profile image94
    mariexotoniposted 5 years ago

Well, I get scared easily and am not superstitious. My friend claimed her house was haunted and me and my girls usually poke fun with it, and get ourselves scared. But we were all sitting on her bed, and I was just talking to the "ghost" asking it to do something for us.. and it felt like something punched the bottom of the bed. It definitely startled me lol.

Then earlier, my friend's computer automatically logs off when not in use for 15 minutes. The screen save comes on, etc.. She wanted me to take something off of her desk, and I moved the mouse, and the screen saver disappeared and the screen said "login failed". None of us tried to log in.

But maybe that was a computer glitch or something. As for the bed, uh, maybe it was old. Although, that was scary for me.

3. profile image0
    alexsaez1983posted 5 years ago

I heard a Justin Bieber song. *shudder*. Still in therapy for that one.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Back in 1989, when CA experienced the Loma Prieta earthquake that broke the Bay Bridge.  Nothing happened to me--we barely felt it where we lived.  But, the son of the owner of my favorite bookstore was driving home, and saw the bridge collapse IN HIS REAR-VIEW MIRROR!!!  Talk about a scary close call !!