How do you measure success in life?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Anjili profile image65
    Anjiliposted 11 years ago

How do you measure success in life?

2. neeleshkulkarni profile image41
    neeleshkulkarniposted 11 years ago

it is only possible to measure that by the standards of whoever is measuring it.a doctor father might not think much of a son who decided to be a rock musician and would not think much of his getting to play his first gig in a club but for the son it would  represent success in life.

i measure success in life on the basis of what a person set out to do and on how much of it was achieved.

i came into business leaving a flourishing corporate career 26 years back and enforced on my self a strict no working after office hours rule.All these years not once has a client been invited home or out to diner nor has any client call been made after 7-00 pm since that was designated family time, even the mobile fone is switched off after that time.

I have managed well for my self though compared to my colleagues who slogged till all hours of the night i have been a colossal failure since i make much less than they do.I have however done theater, read hundreds of books,written poetry and been with my children when they did their summer projects.

Who decided whether i have been successful? Surely only I do , and despite occasional periods of depression on the issue i at the core of my being think i have been very very successful.QED. end of ego massage/

3. WD Curry 111 profile image58
    WD Curry 111posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6708175_f260.jpg

There is only one way to judge your success in life accurately. Your Hubscore.

1. Courtney_CollinsD profile image60
      Courtney_CollinsDposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol Great answer.

2. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha, yes great answer!

3. Anjili profile image65
      Anjiliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha, Only if your life revolves around the hub

4. Preethi Anusha profile image69
      Preethi Anushaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ..

4. Tom Rubenoff profile image89
    Tom Rubenoffposted 11 years ago

What is success?  Is it wealth, fame, or power?  In reality, anyone can be successful. read more

5. Beata Stasak profile image77
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

By satisfaction I get from people around me, whose lives I manage to touch in some way...by building bridges between people that have been abandoned or destroyed by hatred and lost time....by telling what I believe has to be said...

http://beatastasak.hubpages.com/hub/Wha … r-life-big

6. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 11 years ago

For me it's only through self satisfaction. Regardless of what it is I do or achieve, if my own personal satisfaction is missing then I don't see success - I see something is missing.  I think this is primarily why people who are wealthy are not happy, they don't see or feel the self satisfaction in it.  There is 'something' missing that money can't buy.

7. shampa sadhya profile image78
    shampa sadhyaposted 11 years ago

To measure success in life I never judge it through monetary success. I adjudge myself and people through the level of our ability to touch the heart of others. If I have made somebody happy through my gesture as well as if I had put in some effort to brighten the life of the next generation through my knowledge then I am definitely successful so do the other people. Money is a must for a comfortable life but where is the guarantee that the money will never be lost and if its lost then how to succeed in life. Thus, education, good behavior and ability to work hard makes life successful.

1. profile image53
      Aghoranandaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

empty words!

8. kj force profile image61
    kj forceposted 11 years ago

I measured my success in life by the love of and from my family and the fact I worked hard, so upon retirement I could still live comfortably.

9. Preethi Anusha profile image69
    Preethi Anushaposted 11 years ago

For me success is being able to do what I like to .. no matter if it takes lots of time or yields less monetary benefits

10. profile image0
    tigresosalposted 11 years ago

For me, it is only if you are able to prevent all forces of life from pressurizing you to do something you do not like. Interesting question.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)