jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's more important: Education or Life Skills?

1. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

What's more important: Education or Life Skills?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Life skills and the ability to solve problems and critical thinking skills are more important than educational facts.

3. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 5 years ago

Education is a process of achieving goals to reach what you aspire to do.

Life skills are obtained through experience of *overcoming* challenges that occur in life.

When life skills are used, the education process becomes much easier.

Life skills are more important because they are essential for survival.

4. Jewels profile image85
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

I think you have to have a good balance of both.  It's very true that life skills are sadly lacking in our education system.  What's the point of having a good education (abc type knowledge) if you don't have good life skills to make full use of it.  Then of course you have to decide what life skills are required in the education system. So as well as reading, writing and arithmetic, there needs to be caring, sharing and surviving on this rock.  Perhaps cover the basics of how not to get sucked into the credit card consumer world.  How to budget and why you should do it. The perils of addictions to alcohol and drugs, as well as bad eating - the addiction to sugar should be taught in grade school!  Why fast food is not fast at all.  Where would you stop the life skills list?

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I believe it goes hand in hand.

I educate myself with life skills with some forms of education. It is through education when I earn myself with life skills.

Without going through proper education, I would not have acquired these life skills. Therefore I believe it will have to be sort of both to apply.

6. cenarius27 profile image73
    cenarius27posted 5 years ago

I would love to write a very small and to the point answer. I feel that skills can get you the success in life HOWEVER education taughts you HOW TO USE THE SKILLS IN THE RIGHT MANNER. So I guess both are important we can not choose one.