Someone who knows about Lyme Disease?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

Someone who knows about Lyme Disease?

since April 2009 I have been dealing with symptoms no doctor can find an answer for. Sever neck pain and head aches, shoulder pain, irregular periods, panic/anxiety, fatigue, muscle twitching, cold hands and feet, hair loss, dizziness, weak legs, itchy ears, knee pain (comes and goes) and more recently, dry mouth& trouble sleeping at night. I have had head scans, x-rays, blood count tests, ect. & no doctor finds anything wrong with me. I am getting insurance soon and want to be tested for lyme disease. Could this be lyme? I pent alot of time in the woods when I was a child & around animals.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6767003_f260.jpg

Chronic neurologic symptoms occur in up to 5% of untreated patients.[14] A polyneuropathy that involves shooting pains, numbness, and tingling in the hands or feet may develop. A neurologic syndrome called Lyme encephalopathy is associated with subtle cognitive problems, such as difficulties with concentration and short-term memory. These patients may also experience profound fatigue.[21] However, other problems, such as depression and fibromyalgia, are no more common in people who have been infected with Lyme than in the general population.[21][22] Chronic encephalomyelitis, which may be progressive, can involve cognitive impairment, weakness in the legs, awkward gait, facial palsy, bladder problems, vertigo, and back pain. In rare cases untreated Lyme disease may cause frank psychosis, which has been mis-diagnosed as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Panic attacks and anxiety can occur; there may also be delusional behavior, including somatoform delusions, sometimes accompanied by a depersonalization or derealization syndrome, where the patients begin to feel detached from themselves or from reality.

What about Fibromyalgia?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
      ii3rittlesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Fibromyalgia is just localized pain caused by an unknown source. Having that doesn't tell me anything. lol

working