What are the advantages of joining a sorority?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image99
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

What are the advantages of joining a sorority?

2. jentaylorsc profile image61
    jentaylorscposted 5 years ago

I work at a university where we have a number of sororities. I am writing as someone who works with sororities, has close friends (who are now professors) who were in sororities, but I myself was never a member of one.

Sororities can be beneficial if it is the right kind. First, of course is the social benefits. You can form good friendships with your sorority sisters. Many of these friendships can last a lifetime. Another thing to consider is that many sororities offer scholarships for members either for undergraduate or when you go to graduate school. It also provides a good networking opportunity while you are in college that can serve you well when you get into the corporate world.

If you join a sorority for the right reasons then it can really be beneficial. However, don't let it get in the way of your studies as it then wouldn't be worth it at all.

3. CrisSp profile image85
    CrisSpposted 5 years ago

I joined the sorority in High school and when I was in the University for friendship, connection and identity. However, being in the group has also provided me the opportunities to extend my academic and social activities. We also have a Chapter house that provided residential and dining facilities and sometimes, party house for all members. The sorority connection has been very helpful as well in the group study and group community services. Good luck, if you're still contemplating on joining.