jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

If you were to learn a new language from scratch, what would it be and why?

1. Suzie HQ profile image94
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

If you were to learn a new language from scratch, what would it be and why?

2. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 5 years ago

1. Library, see if they have the tapes/cd on learning a new language for a beginner and the other stages as you progress.

2. You Tube. See if you can find a college/school teacher on youtube who teaches the language.

3. Join a language exchange website where you can talk to others who speak the language fluently, chances are they will want your help to learn your language.

Suzie HQposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great ideas where to learn but what language would interest you to learn and why? thanks sangre!

3. Djaak profile image37
    Djaakposted 5 years ago

French, just because I think it would be a great country to visit and I really like the way the french sound.

Good choice Djaak, i was lucky enough to learn French in school and it is a lovely sounding language!! Thanks for your input!

4. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

Hi Suzie,

I'd learn Binary, so maybe I could get a handle on this whole inter-cyber-optimise-keyword-SEO-webby-cafe-thingy-101010101. Then maybe I'd make a modest living, though it's just occurred to me that maybe Lotto Language would be better. Only need to hit Page-1 once and never be seen again, ha ha, he he, I crack me up I do,
    MJ.

Ha!! Like it . . . Thanks MJ, Lotto works for me too!!

5. CDoyle profile image61
    CDoyleposted 5 years ago

I'd like to learn a lot of different languages but mainly Gaelic because I'm a native and Italian because I like to visit their Country I also like the binary and lotto language Idea (if only). But alas I was never any good at Languages and after many failed attempts I am now left with a little bit of everything amalgamated language of my own that only makes sense to me so I've given up, ;-(

HA!! Know what you mean about the amalgamated language thing . . is it an Irish thing i wonder!!!! lol Gaelic i think is nice to know as it's our heritage but it is the strangest sounding language! Italian would be my choice . . .gorgeous!!

6. MargaritaEden profile image75
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

I would learn French, it sounds so beautiful! Wish I had the time.

It is beautiful, you should try and make a wee bit of time, you will be rewarded!! thanks for commenting!!

Closed to reply

working