jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Can writing articles on hubpages or any article site generate an online living?

1. snoblet profile image84
    snobletposted 5 years ago

Can writing articles on hubpages or any article site generate an online living?

Its hard to believe that writing articles online can make a decent living, but if it is true has anyone done so already?  I am just very doubtful about it, please enlighten me about it.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Some people are able to make their living writing articles online.  However it takes as much effort as you would expend going to a regular day job and a fair amount of writing talent to do so.

snobletposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Those people have patience, there's only so much topic to write but I guess like you said it takes talent.

3. nisargmehta profile image82
    nisargmehtaposted 5 years ago

I agree to relache. You have to devote your time and effort along with acceptable manner of writing accompanied by the skills to highlight and promote your work. rounding it all up, if you are really interested in writing and want to make it your profession then it can earn you bread. But again it won't happen overnight.

I can see how it is now, I guess there's a difference to write for fun and write seriouly.  I guess I write just to have fun and somewhat try to improve my grammar too.

4. ashish04joshi profile image71
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Yes, it can.
    If your writing can cater to the need of millions of those searching for their queries online, with time it can definitely generate boundless income worth living on.
    But as I said, you've got to be really talented to understand what people what to know, so that they don't have to run anywhere else to find out what they were searching for.
    Many people are doing that since ever, enjoying the fruits of their published work even today, so can you!

5. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

I agree with Relache and she is one of the top HP ladies here, with a wealth of experience. Writing can earn you a living but you will have to put in a lot of effort. I've been here 3 years and for now it just pays the odd bill.

If you enjoy writing (Have a passion for it) - opportunites will arise or you can create opportunities. E.g writing for more sites or someone might even ask you to do a column for their magazine / or you could have your own blog and maybe guest bloggers under you etc.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the suggestions, its really interesting, I never really like writing or telling my thoughts till recently when I started helping others with some school paper writing

working